Chapter 50-Will you marry me Alessia Romano?

(Sia's pov)

Me and Liz simultaneously began applying the face masks to all the boys, and those that were done, were told to sit out and let the masks dry. Ace, because he was done with his mask, he went to the boy's room and was chilling there, as he got some call regarding his afia, which he had to take. I didn't notice or question it, as I knew it was something important.

All of us, once we were done, we began playing card games, waiting for the masks to dry. Our favorites were 'Bluff', 'Blackjack', and 'Poker'. It was a pity that Justin sucked at this game, and had to team up with Lucas, and once teamed up, they both kept on fighting like there would be no tomorrow.

"Why must you put down and reveal our cards, when you don't know how to play." Lucas grumbled, smacking Justin at the back of his head.

"Yeah well, I just wanted to help. I am sorry that next time I think we are winning, I am gonna keep my mouth shut, and so we purposely lose." Justin stuck his tongue out as if he was a little child.

This banter kept on going, until Ace entered our villa with a huge smile on his face, almost as if he had won some lottery or something. He came, and sat down next to me, putting his hands at the back of the sofa, to which Max mumbled, "Smooth Hernandez, really smooth."

My unasked question was asked by Max when he said, "Why are you grinning like a Cheshire cat who had won a big lottery or something." Slightly glancing at me, he said, "No reason." He just shook his head, and crossed his arms, leaning a little towards me, but still not touching me.

Everybody noticed his odd, overly cheerful behavior, but no one questioned it. With everybody else, I too, shrugged off his behavior, and we continued playing. Currently I was winning, but not by a big margin, and if I would lose one game, Max would be in the lead. We all, after an hour or so, ended our game, and by the end, it was Max and Ace who were winning, because Ace was an excellent player, especially when it came to poker. I was in third place, with Liz being second, and the obvious losers were Justin and Lucas, who fought more than they played the game.

We all then got ready, because we all received a message from my oldest brother on the group chat, to wear something nice and semi-formal, as we would be having a grand dinner. I grabbed a baby pnk, floral shirt, and paired that with a denim shirt which reached my mid thigh. I also left my hair, in their natural waves, with a few braids all over, to give it a beachy vibe. I kept my face mostly empty, with a winged liner, a little mascara and a tinge of blush. I applied some tinted lip gloss, and I was ready for the night.

Elizabeth was wearing a two piece black dress, with the top having a cute knot in the front. The long skirt also had a long slit which began from her mid thighs, going all the way to the bottom. She added a thick eyeliner, some false lashes, and a red lip, to complete her look. She also left her hair open, naturally. I wouldn't lie, we both looked like models, and it probably is because of our excellent family genes. To give us some privacy, Ace left with his clothes and went to the boy's villas to get ready. We were all ready by 6, and so we met in front of Liz and mine's villa, and from there we would go to the place where they were arranging the tables for dinner near the water.

I was very surprised that I found nobody other than Ace waiting near the villa. Liz was still not ready, and so Ace asked me if we could have a walk together. I nodded. He looked amazing, with black, white and brown striped shirt, for which he left the first few buttons undone, and black, fitting jeans. He also had a necklace, and multiple rings adorned on his fingers.

Grabbing my hand, and intertwining our fingers, Ace walked me towards the beach. There I noticed a heart formed, with candles. It looked beautiful, and to my utter surprise, I noticed Ace leading me into the heart formed by candles. I looked all around the area, and I noticed a table for two, and a little further away, a long table that would easily accommodate 15 people.

I turned back to Ace, ready to question Ace, if we were intruding on arrangements made for somebody else, when I noticed him down on one knee. The question died in my throat, when he began speaking. "Baby, we have been through thick and thin, which includes our break-ups too, but I know that you're it for me. We met almost three years ago, and we have been dating for two of those, and in all that time you made me realize just how important you've become to me. I know that we were engaged not long ago, and that things were over in just a day, but I want to try my shot again, and again, and again, till you finally say yes to me. Will you marry me Alessia Romano?" I nodded yes, unable to form coherent words, and I bent down to his level, engulfing him in a hug.

He got up with me in his arms, still in the hug, and turned us around multiple times, eliciting many laughs from me. When he put me down, he slowly placed the ring on me, and I noticed it was the same ring I had returned to him when we broke things off. I also noticed all my family and friends come out and clap for us. I took a hesitant look towards my brothers, especially Xander and Lijah, but I was shocked to see that they had the brightest smiles on their faces.

They seemed truly happy that I said yes. Taking my hand in his, Ace guided us over to everybody. The first one to hug me was Xander, and he mumbled, "I am so so happy for you, and I am so glad you said yes to him. You deserve it, both of you do." 

Next was Vince, "So... I am engaged once again, but I need my oldest brother to help me get through things." He smiled a rare smile, and hugged me the tightest. All my brothers did the same, all wishing best for me and Ace and I couldn't stop grinning, because this time felt surreal, that everybody was happy that I was getting engaged.

Once I reached my friends, Justin said, "All bow to her royal highness, Alessia Romano."

"Oh yes, the Mafia Queen of the powerful mafias." Lucas chimed in with a grin.

Waving my hands around in a regal looking way, I giggled, "Silence, you annoying peasants." We all shared a laugh, until Ace came and wrapped his arms around my waist, looking overly joyed that I said yes. Max, jokingly threatened him, "You hurt my baby sis, and I hurt you in the worst way possible." To that Ace saluted, and once again we all broke out laughing.

Lijah then urged us all to walk to the dinner table, and once we were all seated, the waiter came with all my favorite foods. Many, many laughs and meaningful but love filled glances were shared, and memories were recollected, but I began dreaming about making new memories with my brothers and Ace, but not as his girlfriend but his wife.

Things were falling in place, and it almost felt like a true happily ever after, with the family most people would be jealous of, and a dashing knight in shining armor. What more could a girl wish for? It felt good spreading my wings, and soaring high in the sky, knowing I had truly escaped my cage of past memories. Besides, Alessia Romano-Hernandez had a nice ring to it, didn't it? Family as defined in Lilo and Stitch is something in which nobody gets left behind or forgotten, but what if you never had a family in the first place, and my family and friends made sure of that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And that guys, is a wrap to Drowning In the Past. This honesty is making me feel too many things, and it almost feels like I started writing this book not too long ago, and suddenly, I am writing the last chapter. I honestly and most sincerely hope you guys enjoy this book to the fullest.

Please comment and vote :)

P.S. I will be uploading multiple bonus chapters, because I am not ready to end this book immediately.

P.P.S. Comment if you would like a sequel to this.

~Fangurl<3