Chapter 40- Birthday gifts and... Proposals?!

(Sia's pov)

Finally, the day had arrived, and I was turning 17 today. I couldn't control my excitement and I couldn't wait to find out what my brother's had planned for both me and Max. Getting out of bed, I rushed into Max's room to find him sleeping peacefully, and so I hurled myself on him, startling him greatly in the process. "Happy birthday twinny." I giggled.

I felt his arms wrap around me, and I also heard him say, "Happy birthday Alessia." We just cuddled for some more time, before I left his room to let him get ready. I got ready myself, and then we both made our way downstairs, where we were with all our family members. Like expected the day went by in a flash, with our brothers taking us to a mall for some shopping after which we went to the amusement park only returning at 4, only for me to be dragged somewhere by Elijah and Vince, and Max to be led somewhere by Will, Alex and Xander. My two oldest brothers led me to some gates, and went away for their work.

As I ventured through the vine covered, golden gates of the garden in our backyard, I felt a sudden sense of serenity pass through me. I could feel all my worries, insecurities and monsters just escape me and fade away. The sun began wearing a cloak of darkness, painting the clear sky with gorgeous hues of purple, red and orange. The glittering diamonds in the sky began to show up, making the evening even more breathtaking.

Taking my eyes away from the canvas painted throughout the sky, I took notice of the beautiful bloom all around me. Following the trial, I came across many exquisite species of fauna, including roses of many colors, violets, azaleas, daisies, etc. There were also many brown cute little benches, all around the garden, making it look even more fairytale-like. The gravel paved roads lead to some picturesque cottages, with chimneys. I discovered some trees, which had swings attached to them, and I also found a beautiful wishing well, which was covered with thorny vines of red roses. All the roses had bloomed well, ready to show-off their beauty during the upcoming spring.

There was a pleasant, sort of homely smell coming from the small cottages, which actually gave me an impression of people living in them, but then I remembered how my brothers were billionaires, and so making the garden smell like a bakery was not a problem to them. The fragrant smell of the flowers was very soothing and relaxing, helping my sinuses. The slight acidic smell of the mud was a brilliant contrast to the sweet aroma in the air.

To add to these wonderful sensations, was a soft hum and buzz of the insects. The leaves mocked the sky and the sky replied with gentle swishes. To help enhance the orchestra of music, the birds chirped and sang from their places of the highest branches of the tallest trees. I was also an audience to the faint sound of the water somewhere in the background, but I didn't have the heart to leave this scenery to find the source of the sweet melody of the running water. This was it, this was the one place which made me feel safe, and secure, like I belonged.

Running my hands all over the wooden benches, I took notice of the small ants and other insects on the legs of the bench, and some on the benches. I could also spot the velvety texture of the leaves, and the rough barks and branches of the trees. The gravel pathway felt even bumpier than normal, courtesy of me wearing only slippers before coming here. My beautiful birthday dress had also gotten caught a few times between the prickly thorns, wearing a few holes all over, but I didn't pay any mind to it.

My favorite part of this extravagant birthday gift was a swing, which had my name carved into it. It was hung on a beautiful tree which had pink leaves, and whenever I would sit on it, it made me feel like a Disney princess. This honestly made me feel like I was Tiana or Snow White from the Disney movies, and the thought of that made me happy. I may kill people ruthlessly, and may act heartless at times, but I was still a child, I just turned 17. This gift left me spellbound, and honestly, this beats all the other gifts I have received today.

Smiling because of these thoughts, I slowly moseyed towards the swing which had my name engraved on it. I sat down, I felt a gentle push on my back by none other than my second oldest brother Elijah. "So princess, I'm assuming you like your gift then. We figured this would be a perfect gift, since we all know about your passion for plants and how you keep raving about the small garden in Ace's mansion..."

"I just love this gift. I am so blessed to have you guys, especially after what happened, I feel this is exactly what I need to relax and let go, and simply disconnect from the world when I feel too overwhelmed. Especially now that I have been crowned the queen for both Ace and Vincenzo's mafias." I hummed.

"Well baby, we are glad that this will help you." He kept on pushing the swing, and I was just basking in this moment, where I had everything I could have ever wanted, and this time, everything was problem free. I could feel the wind mess up my hair, I could feel my legs get dirty, I could feel my dress pulling at thorns and branches, but those things didn't matter.

Just as it got completely dark, Lijah suggested we go back to the house, so that I don't catch a cold. I agreed, and together we walked towards our house, my hand secured in his. I couldn't believe I was upset that I had brothers, but now, I feel that without them, I would feel so incomplete, and empty. They have helped me grow into who I am today, and I couldn't be more thankful.

When we reached our backyard, I noticed that all the lights were shut. "SURPRISE!" All my friends and brothers yelled. I also noticed Max walking with Will, Alex and Xander. Seemingly they also had a talk, just like me and Lijah did in the garden. Walking up to my twin, I hugged him, whispering a happy birthday. I could hear the happiness in his voice, when he wished me the same.

I heard Vincezo clear his throat, subtly pointing his head towards the cake that was kept on the table, ready for Max and I to cut together, to celebrate 17 years of living. Getting excited, I dragged Max and Alex with me towards the center table, where the rest of our friends and family were. We were bombarded with wishes and compliments from everybody, and it was difficult to keep the smile off my face.

Both Max and I cut our cake together, happy to be with all our family and friends. I was just too happy, for anything to let this smile get off my face. Meeting the rest of the people, all who had assembled for Max and my birthday, I finally reached Ace. Upon reaching him, I was greeted by kisses, and a huge bouquet of flowers. There was also a note attached to the bouquet. It read, "No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storms together. Happy Birthday Love."

"Babe. I love the quote, and I love the flowers, all my favorites. How did you even know?" I exclaimed, smiling widely.

"Well, for starters, we have been dating for almost two years, and I've brought you plenty of flowers in the past to know which are your favorites." He replied, pulling me closer to him. Finally, he kissed me on my lips, gently. We were together for a few more seconds, until I heard somebody click their glass and clear their throat.

Breaking away, I noticed it was my father, with Ace's father. Ace's father began, "Ace, Alessia, as we all know you both have been dating for a while now, but I want you guys to have an open mind, and hear us out."

Continuing, my father solemnly said, "You both have been engaged even before you were born. Our families had been friends for a long time, many generations, and so decided to merge our family lines together. It would appear that Alessia, you, were supposed to marry the eldest Hernandez, but seeing as you are already dating, we decided that you would marry Ace."

"Absolutely not. How could you even do that?" Xander raged. To that, our father just raised his hand, and continued looking at me and Ace. I didn't even know what to say and so I turned to look at Ace, to find him already staring.

"So what do you say love?" He said, his voice down to a low whisper, so only I could hear him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hey guys, 

OMG!!! So finally some drama, but what do you think will be Alessia's response to the proposal. Do comment. Also, what are your thoughts on me starting a new book, but fiction, like dragons and fairies, and everything magical? 

Please vote and comment :)

~Fangurl<3