Chapter 46- Reminiscing the pain.

(Sia's pov)

"I needed to get away from you, from everybody because I had become too selfish, and I began hurting people because of my greed for happiness. I hurt you when I agreed to marry you, but called things off two days later. I hurt Xander when I chose my happiness of marrying you, over my family, my blood. I had to get away from that suffocating environment, where I knew that everybody was disappointed in me, if they didn't already hate me." I said in a hushed tone, scared to speak louder.

He was looking at me all this while, and I didn't realize it, but while speaking I had started crying once again, and so he had come closer to me. "You know what Alessia Romano, I don't quite understand you, even after dating you for two years, and being engaged for two days. You infuriate me to no ends, and I want to resent you for breaking my heart, but I just can't seem to. I honestly, honestly, love you to the point where this would actually kill me, but you're it for me." His lips tilted upwards in a small smile.

I couldn't contain my happiness, and so I jumped on top of him, hugging him close to me. He did the same, and after a few minutes of just rocking the both of us, he pulled apart slightly, only to attach his lips to mine. I melted almost immediately, and unlike the last time, I didn't resist. After what felt like hours, we pulled back, and I couldn't open my eyes for a few minutes, because all this, it almost felt like a dream, because this was too good to be reality.

When I opened my eyes, I could see my favorite pair of eyes twinkling right back at me. I was so happy and content because now I had everything I wanted, but I knew that Ace and I still had to resolve things between us. It wasn't just as simple as a kiss. There were things that were needed to be said, to clear out the air.

As if he was reading my thoughts, he questioned, "So now what, are we back together, are we on a break, or are we engaged and are picking things off from where we left them." I shrugged, not knowing this answer myself, but this time, I wanted to do things right so I told him that. "Look, family means everything to me, so as of right now, we are on a break, but, but, I love you. I just need to sort things out with my family, especially with one of my brothers." When I said that, he looked a bit sad, but nodded understandingly

All this while, when we were having our conversation, and the intense kiss, I was on his lap. So, when I heard the noise of a throat clearing, I scrambled off and looked up, to see my cousin Drake, who already had his dark eyes set in a harsh glare towards Ace, and his lips set in the most prominent scowl.  He slowly nodded in my direction, and without taking his eyes off Ace, he said to me, "Go into your bedroom, your brother wants to talk to you."

I nodded my head, pushed myself off Ace's lap, and walked past Drake. "Please don't threaten him." I whispered in his ear. He hummed, "No promises princess."

(Ace's pov)

"So young man, got back together with Alessia yet?" Her cousin questioned me.

"No."

He nodded once, then a second time, and then looked at his watch. Deciding that I would shoot my shot, I asked, "So... Once Alessia came here, what was she up to?"

"She was miserable without her brothers and you." He deadpanned. His glare then softened, thinking about her and said, "She began her training as an assassin with me and my brothers, and well, she started assassinating people who were threats to your or Vince's mafias. To hide her grief, she would train all day, and if she wasn't doing that, then she would either be cooped up in her room all day, crying her eyes out, or taking a walk by the beach."

Our separation affected Sia as much as it affected me. I was miserable without her. I had cut all human contact, especially with my family, and even her's. I had completely buried myself in mafia work, staying out till late, either in bars or clubs or my own office. I had started painting the city in red, killing everybody who decided to double cross me. I started drinking a painful amount once again, and I also started drugs. They were the only things that would help me forget about Sia, even if for only a mere moment.

I didn't realize that I was lost in thought, because I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, which caused me to flinch and immediately straighten my posture to a more attentive and alert one. I focused back on Alessia's cousin, who was looking at me with blank eyes, which almost covered the pity that was peeking out a little. I nodded once, showing I did hear all that he said to me.

"It sure seems like she was not the only one who locked people out and suffered silently." Drake looked at me with knowing eyes. I could not respond. "I know both of you have suffered too much, at such a young age, and I am hoping that you all don't anymore. Keep her happy Ace, she loves you more than what you could ever understand." With those last words, he left me to my thoughts once again.

Thinking back to his words, I realized how right he had been. I too, loved her an incredible amount, and I don't think I had it in me to even be away from her for a minute. We had faced so much, both together and on our own, but with her on my side, I knew I would never give up, because she motivated me, I knew there was someone back home waiting for me. She was my home.

I had made up my mind, I would ask her to marry me once again, but this time, I would speak to all her brothers individually before doing this. This marriage would be on our terms, rather than some contract. I needed her in my life, and she was my soulmate. If she was legally married to me, no one would dare to ever go after her, and she would be protected at all times with me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please vote and comment :)

~Fangurl<3