Chapter 32- Stolen kisses, ugly truth.

(Sia's pov)

Today was the day that we, as in Ace and I, were going to the dockyard to bust the drug deals that Luke was making behind our backs. There was also a mole in our mafias that were working with the Russian gang that Luke was a part of. Now we were always making plans to eliminate him. He was a nightmare, and surely most of my nights went by thinking about all the mental and verbal and physical abuse thrown towards me. But I had to remember that I was stronger now, with my friends and family always there to support me.

In the past few days, we had amazing bonding time, and things were slowly but surely getting back to how they previously were before our spat. He was so sweet, we would always cuddle, and somehow every morning he ended up completely on top of me, with his leg between two of mine. On odd days, if he ever woke up before me, he would prepare breakfast in bed for me, with an unlimited supply of kisses and hugs and cuddles. He would even go as far as preparing a bubble bath for me, for when we return from the gym. We have also had a lot of make out sessions, which always end up in him taking a cold shower, and me fanning my face, trying to get rid of the redness. He would get me so flustered and needy that I had to get away from him before I jumped him there and then.

Few hours ago, Ace and I had finally got a plan, and after an hour in the indoor gym, we decided to shower and get ready. I had already showered and was tying my hair done in a French braid, when I saw Ace exit the bathroom, with a towel hung loosely on his waist. Looking at me with hornish eyes, he moseyed towards me, and before I could even make out what happened, my neck was kissed and my butt was slapped off. I gasped at the stinging and I could hear his laughter from the walk-in closet. Shaking my head, I went back to finishing my braid, and when I turned to look back, I found Ace twinning with me, with a muscle fitting black t-shirt, and black cargo pants with many pockets. Around his neck was a chain, which I had gifted to him on our 3rd month anniversary.

Quickly going to the weaponry that was made in the basement, I collected all my knives and especially my dagger that was gifted to me by Max on my 12th birthday. Ace, on the other hand, got his guns, and a few tranquilizers, in case things went south and we would need to interrogate somebody. The air was filled with suspense and a slight feeling of dread, and this was normal for us, because when you have relatives that are literally bosses of mafias, you just get used to living with a constant sense of danger.

I just had a gut feeling that today was going to be bad, not because of what would happen, but because of what I could possibly hear. When you get insulted everyday by your so-called foster parents, and when you get bullied and every other nasty thing you learn to grow a thick skin towards all of this, but when somebody you love or used to love tells this to you, then even the thickest of the skin cannot help you.

Shrugging off this feeling, both me and Ace made our way towards Ace's Jeep Wrangler that we would be taking. It was an hour long drive, but with the oddly tense silence, it felt even longer. There were stray glances exchanged, but that remained as the only form of communication between the two of us. By the time we arrived at the dockyard, the sun had worn a cloak of darkness, engulfing itself and everything around it with a velvety black-blue cloth, filled with diamonds shining brightly.

In some other situations, I would've waited and admired the scene in front of me, but today was not the day. Just as I was about to turn away from the beauty in front of me, I heard a voice, a voice that was oddly familiar to me, because it belonged to my ex boyfriend.

"Long time no see darling." He said, in a pleasant voice.

"Long time indeed, but sadly not long enough." I venomously replied. I pushed my hands into the pockets of my coat, to hide my shaking hands. I could feel Ace shuffling behind me, and just as he was about to remove his gun, from within his coat, he was hit on the head by one of Luke's men.

Enraged, I was about to punch Luke on his face, when he grabbed my fist, opened my fingers and examined my hand. "Tsk tsk Sia, though I wouldn't notice how nervous you were, how you kept on looking at me impassively, how you hid your hands in your pockets, oh and lets not forget and wild eye movements, shall we." He was amused.

"What do you want, dipshit? And what have you done to Ace?" I questioned him.

"To talk darling." With that he grabbed my arm, and dragged me to an abandoned building, expertly ignoring the second question I had thrown towards him. Stepping into the building, I was surprised because it was nothing like how it appeared to be on the outside. I didn't get enough time to look around, before I was once again dragged into a meeting room of sorts. Pushing me down on a chair, "Sit." he said.

He didn't immediately sit in front of me. He simply paced around the room, trying to wear a hole in the carpet below. Tired of him just moving around not talking, I asked the one question I've been meaning to ask for the longest time. "Why? Why did you beat me, why did you leave me?" I tried my best to not sound weak, but my voice betrayed me.

"Oh darling, how naïve can you be? Don't you realize that I never loved you in the first place. It was all a plan for you to make you fall for me, and then...POOF. I was always a part of the Russian gang, and then when you killed my boss, I became the next boss. You were always a threat to our gang, and so the main motive was for us to kill you and those scum of friends. And please let's not get started on that twin of yours." He replied without remorse, looking quite pleased with himself.

"Why come after me now, huh? I was just a pawn, a temporary distraction to first please you and then you kill me, so what reminded you of me again." I asked, pretending that his words didn't faze me. This was it I think, this was the last straw. I meant nothing to him. All those kisses, all those cuddles, all those 'I love yous' were just so that he could kill me in the end. This was breaking me apart, and to think that I actually fell for his pretense and loved him.

He laughed, as if I had cracked the funniest joke, "You never understand, do you, Alessia Romano. I already hated you when you killed Alexi, our leader, but then I started hating you even more when I became aware of the fact that you were the long lost sister of Vincent Romano. A bastard child, yet a Romano. I knew that I had to kill you by hook or by crook, because of you my even my twin hates me, and the best part, the cherry on top, I have lost all the deals that I had, because of your brothers."

I was having a whirlwind of emotions swirling through me, but now the one thing that I felt most significantly was my hatred for the person standing in front of me. I didn't realize it, but there were hot tears flowing down my face. Coming closer to me, he wiped them away with his thumb, kissing the corner of my mouth. I jerked away after I processed what he did. "Such a waste of a pretty face, alas, next time, never, and I mean never mess with me. And know your place."

He turned me around in my chair, he somehow managed to tie my hands together while he was telling me his plans. On the screen, I noticed many pictures, some with me and my friends, some with me and Ace, some with Luke, and lastly some with my brothers. I was frozen, with tears streaming down my face. He had been following me, because he had perfectly captured all my moments with my friends and close family.

Reminding myself that he was a psychopath, and that I couldn't show my emotions to him, in my strongest voice, I asked, "So now what? You have me at your mercy, you have the Russian mafia capo. Now what do you plan to do next?"

"Ah... well dollface, we have a long night ahead of us. Don't we?" Was his sinister reply. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Gasps) Finally Luke admitted his evil plans, and honestly I feel bad for Alessia. Comment on what do you think is going to happen next. 

Please comment and vote :)

~Fangurl<3