Chapter 20- Some well deserved alone time.

(Sia's pov)

"Baby all I want is the best for you. I trust you completely. Yes, I know that he will not hurt you, but I can't know for sure and that's what scares me the most. Teenage boys your age are never innocent and have bad intentions. I've known Ace for a long time and so I know that he won't do anything to you, because he has proven his loyalties to your sibling and to this family. Just always trust your instincts and please come find me or any of your brothers for that matter if something goes wrong." He said, and I could clearly see love and worry shining in his eyes. Vincent Romano was never the one for emotions so when he showed me all these emotions, I was shocked.

Nodding my head, I hugged him for a long time and by the end of our conversation all my other siblings, friends and boyfriend reached us. Suddenly Max pulled me towards him and asked, "Does he know?" Looking at Vince.

I nodded my head once again. He clicked his tongue and said, "Well he is the hardest brother to convince besides Xander, so if he agrees then well all our other brothers will be okay with you dating the rat."

"Oh My God! Guys, stop calling him a rat for god's sake." I almost yelled out, exasperated. Shaking his head, Ace walked towards me and stood beside me.

"Fine lady, allow me to escort you to the ballroom." Ace said in a fake but fancy British accent which made me giggle uncontrollably.

"Why yes, kind sir." I said between giggles. Looping my arm around his, I turned my head towards my family standing behind us and said, "Let's go."

Walking through the huge oak doors, I noticed everybody from our school there, even the Queen Bee, Veronica Hayes. She had been giving me shit about my body, how I needed to stay away from the Romano brothers and especially away from Ace because apparently Ace was her's.

Because this party also had some mafia rulers, all of us were announced, because The Romanos were considered to be mafia royalty. We were being announced age wise so my name was announced lastly.

"And lastly we have the Romano princess, Alessia Romano." Thunders of claps were heard and that was cue to walk down the stairs, and Ace met me halfway down the stairs. Once again looping my arm through his, he walked forward with his head held high, and his face was devoid of any emotion. My faces matched his and we both made our way down, where we were greeted by our siblings.

After the short meet and greet with all my relatives, I went near the bar area, suddenly feeling very much out of place. And to add to my luck, I saw Veronica making her way towards me, and sitting from across me. Ordering something from the bar, she turned towards me.

Already being wary of her, I said, "Hello Veronica."

"Hi Alena. How are you? Still dating Ace?"

"Actually it's Alessia. And yes, me and Ace are still together."

"Back off, he is mine and he loves me and not y-"

"I dare you to finish that sentence of yours you dumb-witted woman." Ace growled, looking extremely mad. I could feel heat waves radiate off him. And if he was a cartoon character then smoke would definitely be comin out of his ears. Sending Veronica one last glare, he grabbed my arm and dragged me to his room.

"Baby, I want you to listen to me very carefully. Now, I have noticed that you have been feeling insecure, and I have also noticed how you've been crying in school after your conversations with Veronica. I want you to tell me honestly what is wrong and don't tell me it's nothing." He said calmly.

"Yes I have been feeling insecure, I dress weird, I talk weird, I walk weird, and just everything about me is odd and uncommon and Veronica never fails to tell me that everyday. These insults have brought back bad memories which I have been trying to forget but I just can't seem to. I have my own monsters that I am trying to battle without putting the burden on any of you." I said, my eyes filled with tears. I was looking down trying not to cry when Ace lifted my head up and placed a soft kiss on my lips and dragged me to his bed.

Making me sit down, he stared at me for a few seconds and then started his rant, "Look, do you ever feel as if you can't breathe when you see something very beautiful. Or when you feel as if you can't live without that one person because they seemed to have become your lifeline. When you constantly feel the need to see that person, to make sure that they are okay, to see that they are happy. That person for me is you. I don't care about how you look or what you wear or how you act. You are perfect to me and that's all that matters. I love you for who you are and not some fake Barbie."

He smiled and just bent down to my level, to wrap his arms around my waist for a hug. That hug made me think that everything was going to be okay. It showed me that I wouldn't be the broken girl I am right now. The broken girl, who flinches when someone raises their hands in the air, the broken girl who gets scared when somebody shouts, the girl who is just so tired of everything.

Breaking the hug, I sat down on his bed once again, but it seemed like Ace had other ideas because he suggested, "Let's chuck the party because well we both aren't party people and besides we spent an hour at the party so I think we will be fine. Now let's change and watch movies or something."

With that suggestion, he went to his closet and a few minutes later he returned, only wearing sweatpants that hung low on his waist and an extra t-shirt for me in his hand. Nodding his head towards the bathroom, he indicated that I go and change my clothes. As soon as I was done, I stepped out of the bathroom, only to find Ace with makeup remover, some cotton pads and facemasks.

I couldn't have been more grateful for him. With his hand he told me to wait in the bathroom, and when he reached the sink, he placed me on the counter next to it and gently started wiping my make-up away. All I could do was aww at his sweet gestures. He next started wiping my face with a damp cloth, after which he proceeded to put the face-mask on my face. This was the peel off face mask I loved because of the smell. I suddenly took the face mask from him and started applying it on his face.

Once we were both done applying the mask, we clicked some really cute pictures: one in which we were kissing, one with a goofy face, one with me hanging on his shoulder. We then let the mask dry, while we played twister, which ended up with us being in an extremely sexual position, but me being me just blushed and looked down, while he decided to tease me about it.

Peeling the face mask was extremely painful and Ace started cribbing about the pain, so what I had to do was peel mine off after which I peeled his off for him. I had to sit on his lap to do so because it was not my problem that he was a freaking giant. Cleaning his face up, I attempted to sit down on the bed, when he held my hips, signaling that he didn't want me to get off his lap.

The rest of the night we spent watching Christmas hallmark movies on his laptop because I was in a festive mood. We also cuddled the whole night with me laying on top of him. We fell asleep soon after our third movie. Between the movies though, Ace was being so sweet, like whenever I tried to get off him, he would hold onto me tighter, and like he would keep feeling up my stomach saying how I didn't eat anything. He would also randomly kiss me during the movie which often led to multiple make-out sessions.

But honestly I wouldn't trade this, my whole life after meeting my brothers for anything. I really feel I have come a long way from last year. Last year, I was that broken and scared girl, but because of the amazing people in my life, who have saved me, I have grown and become happy again. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Please like and comment :)

~Fangurl<3