𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐑 . 1

.

Y/n sobbed recklessly, standing before her lifeless parent's bodies on the ground. She fell to her knees, the red smoke and flame around her damaging her lungs, and through all the tears, she almost couldn't breathe.

She hugged her mom's cold body, crying into her black jacket, y/ns tail wrapped around herself hopelessly.

She couldn't believe she lost them, her only family that was there, that she knew. She didn't know what she was going to do now, how to raise herself, she was still a child, she couldn't cook things, nor pay bills, where would she live? All these thoughts raced through her mind.

A sound of clanking boots snapped her out of her thoughts, and her still tear leaking facelifted from her mom's shirt, a man with a stern face walked towards her with a gun. Her eyes widened and she got up, she wasn't ready to leave her parent's body's yet, but just might have to run. This man was going to kill her.

She got up quickly and wiped off the tears so she could see. And she began to run, but her short legs didn't get far before the clanking of boots got louder, the enforcer snatched at y/ns tail, and pulled her back.

Y/n hollered in pain at the pull and yelled in fright of dying. The man then quickly strangled her so she couldn't move, and picked her up by her shirt scruff, holding her with no mercy, he held the gun up to her head, ready to pull the trigger, and y/n sobbed more, still wiggling and frantically kicking to try and get out of his grasp.

She let out one last scream, pre-pairing for the blow, but it never did come. Instead, a Yelp, reckless coughing, and a choking sound. Y/n was dropped suddenly, and she crawled towards her mother's body again hiding under her jacket.

The man fell, the back of his head indented. But behind him was a much bigger man in a white shirt and beard. He had these golden big-hand things on. (She's a kid, she doesn't know what they are yet.) And it looked more terrifying than the now-dead enforcer. y/n yelped and wrapped her tail around herself quickly, still hiding in her mom's jacket, not that it would protect her from him anyway.

But no violence was made in the next few seconds, instead, a kind, a little raspy voice, was heard. " I'm not going to hurt you little one," he spoke, y/n peaked her head out of the jacket, her eyes still swelling up with tears. And her tiny, yet to grow horns, poking out from her long hair.

The man kneeled on his knee and took off his big golden hand things. Lending his actual hand out to her. She scooched slowly toward him, her mom's oversized jacket still stuck with her tightly.

Eventually, she placed her hand in his, and he smiled, yet y/n still threatened to run away or flinch, after all, this was quite traumatic for a kid in the first place.

Very slowly, the man wrapped her mom's jacket around y/n and picked her up with no struggle. You'd think you'd scream and try to escape a man's grasp when he grabbed you in this situation, but y/n could feel his heartbeat, and his soft intentions and she trusted him suddenly.

The jacket was placed around her shoulders and she scrunched up her legs into a ball, and her tail waved freely below her, she hid her face in his shirt, and her tears soaked up in it instead, there were no more tears left to give. She was exhausted and drained, traumatized, sad, scarred, all of it. Her arms wrapped around the man's neck when she heard more tiny footsteps.

From behind him, she could see a young girl with short pink hair, half shaved on the side, and a much tinier girl tucked behind the older one, both looked scared and also quite frankly traumatized. She wrapped her tail again in a protective circle and hid her face in the mans shirt.

" Don't be scared of them child, they are lost and alone just like you. "

She looked at them again, and the man faced the two now as well. He was right, she looked down at them again with still a scared gaze but, if the man said she should trust them too, then they believed it. The man lent his other open arm out for the two to climb into as well. He picked the two up with no trouble whatsoever.

They sat opposite of y/n now, yet she was still frightened, she put the jacket closer to her and her face in his shirt still, closing her eyes in fright.

And just without realizing it, she drifted off into sleep.

.