𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐄 . 13

.

I looked down at my feet when he spoke, "keep saying that, I still don't believe you. " I spoke with no hesitation, I looked back at Vi and tugged in her sleeve a bit. We oughta get out of here, I gotta get home, we need more info.. There was no time to waste. "J believe we should carry on. " I said again looking back up. Ekko nodded and took us back to the same door we were dragged out of.

He opened the door silently, and Caitlyn was still there blinded by the bag over her head. Ekko sat down at the door when a little boy walked up to her with a bowl of water, he had a mask on and had no intentions of harm. He walked up to her and took the bag off her head, and offered her the water. But she slapped it away with her arm. I backed up and luckily found a bowl of fruits on a tiny table that some people were eating out of. I was hungry so I took an apple and went back to see Caitlyn questioning Ekko, acting all concerned about us.

Vi leaned on the doorway and stared down at her, "my hero. " she said jokingly, I chuckled and nudged her as I took another bite. "But I thought you- but I thought they were hurting you. " Caitlyn said fet up with the bullshit. "Vi and y/n tells me I can trust you, you get a pass back topside that's it, let's go. "

Another one of his people came through the door and u locked her from her chains. And she stood up quickly, the boy backing away. We let her go through the door and she looked just as surprised as we were when we saw this tree. "It's beautiful. " she spoke, looking at it from all angles.

"If your people had it their way, it'd be rubbish and ash. " ekko said with a hurtful intention. Glaring at Caitlyn. It was so obvious he didn't trust her one bit. "It's a misunderstanding. " Caitlyn replied sympathetically looking at Ekko, she had good intentions, I can tell, she just hasn't uncovered the secrets and dark side of topside. "They think you work for silco. " Cait said once more.

"Your people hunt us like animals! Silcos paying you to do it! " He growled, protesting. He got all in Caitlyn's face and I tossed my apple on the ground, standing up properly but warily if they did fight. "That's not possible, your wrong. " Caitlyn said back, "say that one more time-" Vi broke them up quickly before anything could be said. "Ekko, she believes what she's saying, okay? She's not your enemy. " Vi said touching both their shoulders and looking back at their faces left and right. "Oh yeah? Then what's this? "

He pulled out that same blue orb stone thing and I glared at it while putting my hands in my pockets. "You got it. You have to let me take that back. " Caitlyn said again, grabbing for it but Ekko pulled it away quickly. "What is it? " Vi and I said at the same time. "It's a gemstone, your sister stole it during an attack. " "You just forgot to mention her?" Vi growled. "With this, someone with the right knowledge could build.. any hextech device. " ekko looked at the glowing stone again and I became concerned about it, what was hextech? It sounded powerful, dangerous even, could this be a threat to the undercity?

"If enforcers are becoming more aggressive, that's why. " Caitlyn added on. "We could beat silco with this. " Ekko said soon after, holding the stone. "That won't solve things. " "yes it will. " I stepped in. "Pretty much almost everyone's problems would be solved, even piltovers. Your enforcers and council may think us Under folk are all drug dealers and dangerous. But it isn't us, it's Silco, eliminate him, eliminate the problem. " I said simply, leaning back again. It was true so, why was I to be corrected?

"I can't blame you for anything that's happened, you'd be well in your rights to keep it. But if you do, the cycle of violence will never stop. " Ekko looked back at the stone. "This is our best shot at getting the record straight. The city needs healing. More than I ever realized. Please, let me help you. " Caitlyn spoke desperately. "You got a plan? " "I have a friend on the council, let me take the gemstone to him. He'll listen to me. "

Ekko looked deep in thought, I could see Caitlyn was trying to get him to trust her, but that was hard for any and all of the undercity folks, to trust an enforcer. Especially ekko, compared to our childhood. "Your people wouldn't have to hide anymore. " How did she know that was true? "One condition, I'm the one who gives it to them. " he clenched his fist around the stone and stared directly at Caitlyn now. "So it will be. "

.

Short-ish, sorry.