𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄-𝐌𝐀𝐍 . 12

Sorry for the late post.

.

All I could hear were chains rattling and grunts from next to me. I sighed and wiggled the ropes tried around my wrist, this was just great.

"Yknow if you really wanted to get out of here, you should be so loud. " I spoke. Caitlyn ignored me, but I could feel a harsh glare dedicated towards me. I wasn't in the mood to care.

"I knew it was a mistake trusting you! " Caitlyn spoke towards Vi, so I just stayed out of the convo. "You've been a real picnic yourself. " Vi said back.

"I'm not the one that walked us into not one, but two, of silcos traps! " she tried arguing again. "This isn't one of silcos traps, Caitlyn. " I intervened again. "How do you know y/n? " she growled back at me. "Because we'd already be dead. " I said in the most solid tone.

My head hung low, I hated this so much... We were so close to getting powder out of this mess, but nothing can ever be simple, can it?. "Oh how nice, so Vi, when we're you going to tell me that your lunatic sister worked for silco himself?! " "just as soon as you came clean about what your doing down here! " "I told you the truth! " "bullshit. What was that glowing stone? " Caitlyn sighed in silence. "That's what I thought. "  "you both oughta stop arguing or we're never gonna get out of here. "

I went deadpan silent when I heard something open, light lit through our head restraints. Sort of green. "What's going on?! " "Caitlyn shut- get off! " "stop get your hands off of me! " Vi and I shouted at the strangers that tried at us. "Leave them alone!" Caitlyn tried protesting. "Let me go! " vi yelled again angrily, I felt myself being dragged out of the room, off the pole that my head rested on before, my hands still tied tho, I could hear Vi next to me struggling, her leg kicking me in the process. "Watch your legs Vi! " "like I can y/n! " I wiggled when I felt me being strapped to another pole, again.

"You have got to be kidding me... " I whispered under my breath. And just like that, I could see. I looked around frantically. I could see Vi beside me, and, a greenish light. I squinted, getting adjusted to the new area. Where the hell were we. In front of us stood this weird-looking man... The man with that weird cat skull mask! .. Weird.

He grunted and walked off through a door. We still sat yet another someone in the corner, staring at us through his mask. And we faced him. "You shy? Or just ugly. " Vi spoke again. "Vi I swear to-" he stood up and I stopped speaking. Thank god he dropped his weapon, I still breathed heavily yet, when he took off his mask, I was breathless. "You both look good for dead girls. "

"Ekko? " Vi questioned. "What do you both know about this? " he said opening a capsule with the glowing stone inside it, I eye it and shook my head. "Nothing! What the hell is this all about? " "what were you doing with jinx? " "her name is powder! And I just found her when you and your goons showed up. " Vi stood up angrily again. I looked up at her and bent my legs towards me, looking down disappointedly.

"It's me, Vi, and y/n! I'm the same person who used to take you down to the jump heap and rinse you down when you got covered in grease! " she yelled at him. "Same person who looked ugly with those bandages on my face. " I chuckled looking at him. I could tell he was staring at the long scar that split between my eyes. "That was a long time ago..people change" he spoke sadly. "Yea... I'm getting that. " vi said with a sarcastic tone. "Are you working for silco?" He asked. "Are you kidding me? I was the one that walked away from him when he offered to take me in. I literally said a whole few sentences about why I hated him in front of him! And you think that?! " I yelled at him, growling. "Fuck you then. " "i-i that you were dead! Instead, you show up with a pilty and give her a tour of the lanes?" He yelled at Vi and me. "You were following us. Why didn't you say something?! " I didn't know if I could trust you! " "so... So you just come out swinging? "

"Gee I wonder where I learned that from. " I couldn't help but chuckle again, glaring up at Vi. "How? You should've learned more, you still punch like a little boy. " "and you still block with your face. " Ekko snd Vi stared at each other as they came back at each other. "I remember when you used to not stand up to me. " I smiled and stood up, a clicking sound from chains coming from behind us. Vi hugged Ekko as I dusted myself off, my wrists sore. "Yknow we missed you, little man. " I spoke, looking at him as his eyes filled with shock. "How long have you had those off? " "how long have you been whining? " Vi replied right away. wasn't this wholesome.

I saw ekko shed a year and hug Vi back. And I rubbed my eyes. "Great reunion. But can I have my weapons back now? " I spoke and they separated from the hug to stare at me. "What? " ekko ran up to me and hugged me as well, "aww ekko! You are still so short. " I patted his head and he growled still hugging me, I hugged back and closed my eyes, knowing I shouldn't tease him as of now.

It was great seeing him happy again after so long. We eventually split and he opened this door that spilled in sunlight that made me and Vi squint. I could hear children laughing which was... Quite uncommon. Are we still in the undercity? Ekko walked out of the room, and I and Vi followed him curiously beside each other. There were leaves... Trees! Sun shine through them as people talked, this couldn't be the undercity. Even Vi looked astonished.

In the middle of the place was a really big Tree, vines and completely green leaves, buildings supporting it upwards. And one of the fire lights zoomed around on their hoverboards. "Is that a real tree? " Vi questioned. "Pretty cool huh. " Ekko smiled back at us. "I can't believe it... " I said with a light gasp as the fresh oxygen filled my lungs, real air.

"When I first saw it, I knew this was the place. If a single seed could make it down here, so could we. " ekko added on. "You built all this?.. " vi asked again, and I peeked over the railing of the tree building to look down at everything. "Not alone, after Vander... Died..silco flooded the Lakes with shimmer. He didn't care what it did to people. Everyone here was an addict or a victim. They needed somewhere safe to start again. " ekko spoke meaningfully. I knew this was all true, and could only feel sympathy as we all looked down. "I should have been there, for you guys, for everyone... " Vi spoke again sadly. "That's a good way to drive yourself crazy. " "what matters is that we found what remains of all of us now Vi. " I walked over to her and touched her arm comfortingly. "If I had just gone with you that day, maybe none of this would've happened. "

As a tiny firelight bug landed on the railing to stare at us, I looked at both of them. "It was a traumatic day for all of us, it shouldn't have happened. And no one should blame themselves for that tragedy, it was Silco. " I said with a stern tone. "He manipulated... Took powder. Almost took me as well... When Vi left. Powder was heartbroken, Vi... You were mad at yourself, you didn't know. And I... I was stuck with the constant voices of all of us every night, screaming, crying, and nightmares of fires. It affected all of us. But as I stated, we shouldn't blame ourselves, we know who did it. "

I looked down again closing my eyes to calm down and let my shoulders relax. Vi hugged me from behind with happiness. "Your right, we shouldn't. " Ekko continued looking down at his people. "Ekko?.. " I turned to look at him. It was silent for a few moments until he decided to speak again. "Powder is gone... All that's left is Jinx and She belongs to Silco. " "your wrong! " Vi angrily said again. "She's still in there, I can reach her! " "you can't. " ekko sighed. "I know my sister. "

It was so silent now, and I just sighed while holding my arms like it was cold. "I've got one more thing to show you. " ekko began walking away and we both slowly followed. After walking, we looked up at a beautiful mural. All of us... Here. "This is everyone we've lost. The price of our freedom, some of it was enforcers, most of it was Silco. Your sister works for him because she doesn't have to, she wants to. " he said turning to look at us again. "I'm sorry but that's who she is now." He said sternly.

.