𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 . 5

.

After the whole enforcer chase, we went back to the last drop. Where a woman was telling about how we should fight the topsiders, and how others were agreeing, I just held my head, looking frequently around me as people protested, I guess she was talking about us because she pointed and stared at us all, specifically me with the bandages, I spit and looked away, leaning against the wall.

"She's right, why don't we fight back? " vi mumbled under her breath, powder agreeing with her own words. "Even powder wants to fight. " Mylo said. I just put my head on Vi's shoulder and thought about everything going on, my daily mind grain going away, under my bandages, I was super itchy, but Vander always said it meant the wound was healing, bullshit.

I gazed down at the ground, I knew we had to go. As a silent riot left the last drop, we all got up as well about to head to the basement, but Vi stopped us, little man was off, we all turned to him, they seemed to talk about something I couldn't hear because of the bandages, but then I heard it, " a deal.. " "what deal?! "

.

When we made it to the basement. I really could care less about anyone or anything. I sat down still resisting the urge to rip these bandages off.

I sighed again and saw powder slink away into her bed, closing the curtain to the confined space, it was a good little spot for her projects, and I could happily agree with that.

I rested my head again on some crates, another nap was needed, but I could tell Mylo was complaining about how I was weak and should be healed up by now and how I should stop napping, I mumbled a fuck you under my breath and slipped into sleep.

.

I woke up again, everyone at their usual business, and my stomach growled with hunger, I needed food. Or something, I felt weak and starved. For once Vi wasn't working out and was sitting down, looking at her bloody hand bandages.

* clap clap clap clap *

A toy monkey fell from the ceiling, clapping. "Shit." -enforcers. - we all slinked our way up to the pipes in the ceiling and the lights went down I had a sturdy grip on the pipes but powder was struggling. I was going to help but the door wammed open, I quickly pulled back.

The enforcer turned a flashlight on and entered the room, looking around skeptically. Powder was beginning to slip. My eyes widened, but I didn't want to make a sound if I tried to help her, she slipped more.

The enforcer headed back towards the steps of the doorway and powder was so close to falling. He took one last look around the room before closing the door. And Powder fell. We all slinked back down again from the pipes more easily than the regular fall, the lights went back on and a few moments later Vander came in.

"Everyone alright? " he saw powder getting up from the ground. "No, we're not! I'm sick of enforcers barging in on us, and yet we're still not fighting back! " Vi or Mylo spat, I wasn't paying attention again.

They continued to ramble on about all the enforcer searches in the undercity, and I curled into a ball again, putting my head on my knees.

Thinking hard about something.

I looked back up and turned out Vi and Vander left, and to be honest, I didn't want to be in this dump anymore, I wanted these bandages off! I stood up with no trouble, just wincing a little. And Claggor, Mylo, and Powder stated at me. " Where are you going?.. " Claggor asked, I sighed. " To a place, I'll be back. " I spoke quickly, heading towards the door, I was going to turn the handle when Mylo interrupted. "Shouldn't Vi go with you? She seems to know how to handle you and what could- " "shut it. " I snarled. "When she comes back... Tell her I'm near the brothel. " I opened the door and walked out. Slamming it behind me. And I started walking down some alleyway, towards the grand brothel.

Music booked from inside the building and I sat on a crate, staring at the wall, a broken Mirror, shattered but still intact, was on the wall. I shook in front of it, all the pieces, showing my face. The bandages, wrapped around my horns, and I grunted.

It was time to take them off.

I ripped the bandages with my nails, them splitting open, it was dry with icky blood that had dried and made it solid, gross. I ripped all the bandages off, all of them on the ground now. I looked back at the mirror to see an ugly, scarred face. And a tear fell from my eye.

Not because of the reflection, but just because... Life...

I stared at the large scar running down my face, my finger tracing over it delicately. At least the gash was gone. I sat back down, letting my hair down from its ponytail.

My hair waved down at my shoulders, wavy from being in a ponytail so long. I brushed it with my fingers and put the elastic around my wrist.

I needed a break from the others, everyone.

I laid my head on the wall, just closing my eyes and enjoying the breeze. And time swooped by me like it was nothing. I opened my eyes and could tell it was getting close to dark. I had to go back.

I stood up and began walking, I could see out of both eyes properly now, I could hear. I felt free as I walked just then

Maybe just a walk back wouldn't be so fun...

I climbed one of the pipes that lead up the buildings, latching on to the gutter and hoisting myself up. I could see the thick green air around me from on top, but it was still beautiful, the lights, the movement, the everything.

But I had to get home, I began sprinting from rooftop to rooftop, freedom being mine again, finally.

I jumped from 1 high building to a white little one in one hop, transforming into a roll and a sprint again. I smiled for the first time in a while. But I couldn't go further.

I hopped down from the rooftops, about to enter the basement to the last drop when something shiny caught my eye. A small strap with a knife case built into it sat near a trash can. I picked it up and opened it, a sharp knife hiding inside it. I grasped it and putting back in its case. - finders keepers. - I thought.

I latched it around my leg and finally walked into the basement, only to see panic, and eyes widen at the sight of me. Mylo, Claggor, And Powder looked at me. My face. The large scar that I had must be noticeable.

But it wasn't just that...

Vi shouted.

"Vanders Gone! "

.