𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄 . 16

.

I knew Silco was an ass, but he had the right intentions.. He was just doing it the wrong way. I was leaning against the wall of the dusty cell, my knuckles bleeding from punching the walls for any loose cracks. Silco trying to rule Zaun , take it and lead it for the best, was good. He was just doing it in the most certain wrong way. I've had a lot of time to think about everything during the time I've been in here, I couldn't tell how long I have been in here exactly.

Especially when there was no lights, had it been a day?.. After I was infected with the shimmer? A few hours? I don't know, all I know is I felt like I was going crazy. Seriously. The shimmer, how it ran through my body, gave me massive headaches. And the purple cracks in my skin just remained there, glowing. I pulled my mother's jacket close to cover the best I could but it didn't help.

I sighed.. I also wondered what had happened to Jinx.. Did she die? Was she badly injured? I don't know.. I haven't seen her. I rubbed my head in frustration of the silence that surrounded me, humming to myself was a option but the silence was better, I needed to listen to anything, information. Anything at all. What time of the day was it anyway?..

I suddenly heard the lightest of movement from outside the cell and I shut up my thoughts, was it the wind? Was it someone? I heard light footsteps now to, so it was someone. "Who's there? " I whispered, my voice very light and cracked. Silence. I got up slowly, trying to not make any noise, and put my arm up the bars. The shimmer that cracked my arm lit up a wall but I couldn't see anything else.

I squinted and saw movement somewhere from the far right. Someone under the moonlight. I moved back in a panic, was someone robbing Silco? "Cupcake? " echoed softly through the cell. My eyes lit up and I ran back to the bars. "Vi?! " I whispered yelled. She walked up to the cell in relief and cupped my face from in front of the bars. I held her wrists, wishing I could hug her. But panic soon followed and erupted in my thoughts.

"You-you can't be here, it's a trap! Silco is gonna find you and- do something! Probably kill you! " I whispered yelled more, Vi looked confused and worried. "You have to go. " "I'm not going anywhere, I came here for you and only you, I'm not willing to lose you again. " "please vi-" "no. I'm not leaving you. " she said sternly, I didn't want to argue and make more noise then what it already is. But I was scared.

She held my face caringly and looked into my eyes, the purple cracks shining brightly on my face, and the purple illuminated in my eyes. She touched my arm and felt the cracks in my skin and gasped lightly. "What did they do to you.. " "shimmer." I said disappointedly, averting my eyes downward at my feet. " oh no.. are you hurt? Does it hurt? Are you feeling okay? " "I'm fine. It doesn't hurt.. Any more. " I said trying to not make her anymore worried.

She looked down with more concern but decided to focus on getting me out. She looked around the walls in search of a lock she could maybe pick or keys or really anything to help me out. She saw the tightly secured lock on the cell and I pulled my jacket closer onto me. "I don't know where the keys are. " I spoke softly. She looked at me and seemed like she was thinking about something. "Stand back cupcake, I'm busting you out. " I took a few steps back, confused.

She suddenly gripped the bars around the lock and started to pull forward, my eyes widened as the bars started to bend toward her, she grunted as she pulled even more, her veins popping out of her arms. A dented gap was made out of the metal when she stopped pulling. "You think you could fit?.. " she said in between panting. I nodded and began fitting my leg through, trying to make as little noise as possible. I squeezed through and stumbled on my feet as I got out of the cell. Vi took me in her arms and hugged me tightly.

I hugged back for a few seconds before saying, "we have to go. " "right-" "your not going anywhere. " my eyes widened and I turned to face behind us, silcos bodyguard and Silco himself stood there, a angry look plastered on both of their faces. There was no time for evil confrontation, I pushed vi and yelled. "Go! " she ran immediately toward the escape route she used to get in, a shattered window up on the wall. She immediately started climbing out of the window and I ran behind her, Silcos bodyguard following on my tail, literally.

As soon as Vi got out she put her hand out to me and began to pull me out. The guard managed to make said movements and catch my ankle. Pulling me. I acted quickly and used my other foot to kick him in the eye, and a slash with my tail onto his face. I began climbing quickly again. I pulled myself up into the window halfway through. Though it looked stupid from behind with my feet kicking around endlessly, it was defense. The guy couldn't latch on with feet moving everywhere.

I finally hauled myself up out of the window and Vi began running with my wrist in her hand, practically dragging me into a maze of alleyways away from the last drop. I panted, out of breath and Vi quickly pulled me into her chest to hide behind a corner. we both panted out of breath into the silence. My face burried in her chest to hide my air desperate breaths. And Vi used her hand to cover her mouth, her other hand wrapped around me in a protective stance. My muscles ached from all the movement.

After all, I hadn't moved in awhile. And the shimmer made it hard with all the weird cracks in my skin. I felt a light trickling down my body and I looked at my arm, shimmer leaking from one of the cracks. To much movement caused it to split. I rubbed it away and hid it under my sleeve just as we heard angry yelling in the distance. Probably Silco on the search for us.

"My limbs ache, I can't run. " I say in a whisper to Vi. She gulps and nods. Nudging me forward. We started to walk away very quickly, but silently. In order to not be heard by anyone.

It was eventful that night, my limbs aching, shimmer leaking. A new appearance.

What was i gonna do..

.