𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐌𝐁 . 14

.

We four walked silently around the bridge that connected our two city's. Going along the edges carefully seeing as enforcers have been a lot, more common up on the bridge. We all followed Ekko, seeing as he was determined to fend for himself and stand for his rights, and Cait followed behind him. Me and Vi side by side quietly as he climbed up on the solid surface of the bridge. Dusting ourselves off. We began walking more in sight now.

All our shoes making noise as we walked suspensefully, I had a bad feeling about this. I slowed down, to be beside Vi, tapping her hand for comfort. She noticed and smiled, grabbing mine comfortingly. I put my other hand in my pocket and looked ahead. it was too quiet. I know if probably miss my shift tonight but oh well, I was too far gone out here to turn back.

Street lights flickered eerily. And I cringed. Just staring at the ground. I stopped instinctively and Vi did too. Not even pulling me. The other two noticed the change in noise in footsteps and stopped to look back at us. "Y/n? Vi? " Ekko asked, and I squeezed Vi's hand. "I can't leave her again. " Vi spoke. "You can't change her. " "But I have to try... Me and y/n need to go.. "

Ekko walked toward us sympathetically. "Don't get yourself killed. " he said, hugging us both. "No promises. " Vi chuckled, hugging him back, I let go of her hand and just wrapped my hands around my arms. Gazing down with a sigh. Unexpectedly, Caitlyn hugged me and I stood there for a moment, slowly hugging back. "I know we didn't have the best friendship or relationship, but you helped a lot. You both did. " Caitlyn spoke, separating from me and hugging Vi quickly as well.

"Thank you for everything."

I rubbed my arms anxiously, I felt something... Someone watching us. I gazed around the dark, lightly lit bridge. Someone was there, somewhere around here. I didn't like it at all. I felt uneasy. Uncomfortable. As Caitlyn separated from the hug, I edged closer to Vi. Vi noticed my behavior and she had a worried expression.

She took my hand again and we began walking back to the undercity slowly, I leaned on her shoulder as we walked, sighing out of tiredness. I began to wonder if we would ever see Caitlyn again or Ekko. And I shuddered as a breeze blew by us. "Are you okay cupcake? " Vi asked, looking at me. "No, I feel uneasy. " "How? " " like someone is watching us. " vi didn't reply for a good few seconds. "It's okay, we're fine," she spoke, rubbing my hand. I sighed and lifted my head again, and we continued to walk peacefully.

But the silence of peace didn't last long, a gunshot could be heard from behind us, and I gasped, looking back in panic. And so did Vi. I let go of her hand and began running as fast as I could. Us running so quickly like we haven't ever before. We didn't know what was about to go down. I knew it. I knew I should have been suspicious! I knew it was eery!

"Caitlyn! " Vi shouted. "Ekko!" I also tagged along. We ran towards the white light behind us quickly. Suspense threatening me. I could hear weird noises behind us and I ran faster. Little green lights following up with us. I growled, scared, why did this radiate such bad news. Without warning, a bunch of Fire lights flew past me, and I stopped to look back at them with Vi, my mouth slightly open in shock. What were fire lights doing here...

But I quickly realized these weren't fire lights, these were... Mechanical. They flew past us towards the light. And I gazed at them in awe.

A popping sound could be heard, a million explosions all at once. "Shit! " I fell as one clicked off right in front of me. I got blown back onto the cement in a roll. I felt the metal pieces stab through my hand and I winced. Vi ran over quickly, helping me up.