HOME. 17

.

we had been walking for a long while, at least to me we have. Vi could not stop asking if I was okay because she had noticed the shimmer leaking from my arm and a bit more on other parts of my body, I insisted I was fine but she wouldn't stop asking. Even asking to carry me once. I was tired and my legs ached from walking, and I was considering just letting her do it because I was tired. But I kept moving.

I didn't even know where we were going exactly, I was just letting Vi lead the way because I was to exhausted to worry about it. I closed my eyes slowly as I leaned on her shoulder, I really wanted to sleep, but I just kept walking while I rested my eyes. I could feel her staring down at me with concern, but a tint of flattery.

"Please, let me carry you cupcake. you look terrible. "
"Vi I told you I'm fine. " I slurred out in a groan.
"No, your not. "

She stopped walking and lifted me off my feet. I wanted to struggle out of her grasp but I just gave in at this point. I put one arm around her neck in an attempt to hold on.

"I don't want to exhaust you. "

"You act like your heavy"

"I'm not? "

"As light as a cupcake. "

"Mhm."

I chuckled. Though it wasn't to cheerful. I closed my eyes again as I began drifting off into a light sleep in her arms.

.

I woke up the next morning, in a sort of panic as I didn't know where I was, I bounced up to sit straight in.. My bed... As I realized I was in my house. Had Vi really carried me all the way to my apartment? "Cupcake?" I heard in a tired, raspy, but still the one I loved, voice from beside me. I settled my breathing down and looked at Vi, she rubbed her eyes with her palms and sat up to put her other hand on my lower back which I realised was bear.

I thought she must have took my shirt off to prevent to much stains and such, and I was left in a bra made of bandages to cover most of the cracks. Speaking of which, seemed to dim now that I focused on it. I looked back to Vi and just hugged her silently. My head buried in the crook of her neck, thankful I was safe, she was safe.. That we both made it out.

"Hey now sweet stuff, don't try to move to much, don't want you hurting now." She hugged me back softly. "Vi.. " I mumbled, taking in her scent. She was in a loose t shirt, one of my clothes, and also some sweat pants. How could I have gotten a more thoughtful women?

She wrapped my blanket around my shoulders trying to keep me warm, and patted my shoulder without it being to harsh on the skin. "I'll go make you something to eat, okay sweetness?" She pecked my cheek and slid out of bed in a blink, I only caught a glimpse of worry on her face as she opened the door and walked out. I shivered and pulled the blanket closer to me, lifting my legs to let them dangle off the bed. That's when I entered my deep thoughts.

How long was I gone?.. How long was I out?.. Was Caitlyn alive?.. Was she okay?.. What about Jinx and Ekko?.. I felt a headache to come on as I worried about them all just staring at the floor. What had happened while I was gone?.. Vi walked in with a plate of pancakes that looked slightly burnt and a knife and fork, "I tried my best." I took it with a light grin and set it on my lap. "Vi... We need to talk."

"I know, we do." She sat down next to me and I sighed.

"How long was I gone?.." "2 days." "2 days?.. How long was I asleep?" "Just for the night." "Is Caitlyn okay?.. " I asked one last question and Vi looked at the floor.

"I helped her back into Piltover and snuck her into her house, I helped her settle and tried to make the best of her injuries and left before her parents noticed there was noise going on, she'd fine as of now.. She actually helped me find you." "Oh.. " "but, I actually have questions as well." "And I will provide all the answers."

The rest of that morning was spent talking about what happened to the both of us after the events of the bridge explosion. Both sides of the story from both of us, and to be honest, some tears were spilled explaining some of it. Specifically the shimmer part.

---

omg... okay.... so I updated, uhm, hoping no typos bc those embarrassing asf when I see them 🤞. but uhm yeah, I think I have plans to continue this story again and so, yknow, thank you for actually staying along w me and this story and not yelling at me to continue 😍. love you all, try not to die, farewell until next chapter.