Chapter 3

Noah:

Today seemed like an average day. I went straight to my office to start on all the paperwork. My father had died when I was 16, which was four years ago. When he died, I was forced to become Alpha with only my mother to guide me. Becoming an Alpha was hard. The responsibility that was put upon my shoulders at such a young age had me struggling to keep up. When I was younger I was mad my father had left me so soon. Rogues had attacked our land and my father protected the pack above all else, even his life. Every day I missed him dearly, wishing that he could be here guiding me through this tough process.

I step foot in my office to find stacks of paperwork for me to do. As I sit down my beta contacts me through the pack link. 'Alpha Noah, there seems to be a rogue over near the south border. We are going to find it and put it in our cells' Another rogue on our land had me fuming. I couldn't believe they had the audacity to trespass on our land. 'Thank you Seth that would be great. I'll come and check on the stupid mutt in a few hours' I replied.

In mere minutes my beta contacted me once again, this time seeming confused. 'Uh Alpha? You may want to see this' That was all he said to me.

At this point my mind was racing. Seth was an amazing beta and was never one to leave me with surprises. Could this mean the rogue had information about was happened to my dad? The wolf who had attacked him had never been found. I could only imagine what Seth would be bringing to me. 

Seth:

As we were patrolling the territory I came across this scent that I could not quite put my finger on. It was sort of a lavender smell mixed with a hint of vanilla but it was a smell I couldn't possibly ignore. "Do you guys smell that?" I asked the other two packmates with me. They both shrugged and we kept walking until we made it to the clearing at the edge of our land. We watched as a small girl made her way through the clearing and walked into the trees. I hadn't found my mate yet, and although I knew it wasn't her, I was drawn to her beauty and knew immediately that I needed to go talk to her. As we approached her, one of the wolves I was with decided to try and scare her but I ignored everything he said and I calmly approached her. I had to bring her back to Alpha Noah. He would know why I was feeling this way and maybe we could help her. The closer I got to her the more I could see of her frail body. She had a nasty bruise on her face that looked pretty fresh with other bruises scattered on her arms and legs. As soon as I got too close, she blacked out completely and I scooped her up. I ran to the pack house leaving the two other patrol men in disbelief as I shouldered past them with this girl in my arms. She nearly weighed as light as a feather and I mind-linked the alpha to get him to come outside, hoping that he could help me with this situation. 

Noah:

I made my way down the stairs deep in thought about what Seth could possibly me bringing me with such urgency. Before I even made it to the front door Seth burst through the door trailed by the two other wolves that had gone with him. The most intoxicating smell floated from their group and I immediately walked in for a closer look. It seemed that the smell was coming from the small girl he had in his arms who seemed completely lifeless. I growled, enraged that he was touching her and I was not the one that could have saved her. "Mate".