Chapter 9

Sapphire's POV

I woke up slowly from a dreamless slumber to find that Noah was still stroking my face and hair. No one has ever cared about me in this way. Even my own mother never showed me this much love and care. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about how much I already cared about Noah, I just wish I could show him. "Sapphire, are you okay?" Noah asked while he moved closer to look at my face. "Yeah, I'm fine I just...." I couldn't even finish my sentence before my stomach growled so loudly that Noah started to laugh. "I'll go get you some food, I'll be right back!" and with that, he was out the door. This would buy me some time to figure out what I was going to do. What was I going to tell him? Should I come clean and tell him it was my brother and risk losing all of my family? I mean, what have they ever done for me? Why should I save them from his wrath when theirs brought me pain for 18 years? Thoughts of my old life swirled around my head like a tornado that I wish had never existed. After a few moments of thinking, I finally decided that I would come clean about my past. Noah deserved to know, and he needed to understand why it was so hard for me to open up.

In no time at all, Noah was back with a grilled cheese and bowl of tomato soup on a fancy tray that is made for breakfast-in-bed. I sat up as he put the tray in front of me and sat on the bed. I quietly ate my food nervous of spilling the red tomato soup on these beautiful sheets. I was very nervous to open up to him, but I knew it was the right thing to do. I would rather him hear it from me versus hearing it from my idiot brother who could tell horrible lies about me. "Noah?" "Yes, Sapphire?" "I think I'm ready to talk..... talk about my life before coming here." His face had a mixture of nerves and also relief. He was probably relieved that I wanted to talk about everything, but also nervous about what I might tell him. "Ever since I can remember, I lived in the attic. When I was a little kid I thought it was normal. I thought everybody lived in the attic and was punished severely for misbehaving. It wasn't until grade school when I noticed that other kids were happy. None of them looked like me. None of them were wearing old t-shirts and bruises like they were in season. My mom and dad are the Alpha and Luna of my old pack and they never really liked me. My brother was always their favorite since he would be taking over the alpha duties from my dad when it came time. He used to be nice to me until he grew older and started to hate me just like my parents did. They would hit me sometimes for no reason, just because they were having a bad day. They didn't really let me eat or do other things that normal kids do. So, the minute I turned 18, I left, and here I am now. I know you probably don't want me because I'm broken. I'm sorry I lived such horrible life and that you ended up with me as a mate, I'm so sorry." I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes as I told him everything I could. There were so many parts of my childhood that I had completely pushed out of my mind but I think he got the information that he needed. Noah looked like he was about to explode, but then something changed. He reached over and pulled me into a hug. I wasn't expecting it at all. The surge of our skin in contact was euphoric and amazing and I never wanted it to stop. I was so overwhelmed I just started to cry. My life was something I had cried about a lot, but I have never talked about it with someone else. "Shh Sapphire it's ok." He pushed me away slightly so that he could look me in the eyes. "I am not going anywhere. You are my mate and I will do anything to protect you. I wish I could punish every single person who was involved in your pain, I just want them all gone. No one should be able to hurt you like that and get away with it, but regardless, I would never push you away because of something your family did. I love you Sapphire." I was completely shocked. I thought he would reject me for this or at least reprimand me for having such a horrible past. "you really do?" I asked, still amazed that he still wanted me. "Of course I do." I gave him a small smile and said, "I love you to."

Noah's POV

I couldn't believe what she was telling me. The nerve of some people. How could someone treat another person like that? I didn't let my temper get the best of me because I didn't want to scare Sapphire, but I cannot wait to get my hands on that wolf the invaded my land. As I held Sapphire I got a message through the pack link. "Alpha, he was a tough one to catch, but we got the rogue wolf into the dungeon." My wolf howled with excitement. All I wanted to do was give this wolf what he deserved, but I needed to interrogate him, find out how he might have been involved in her life. I gently let go of Sapphire, who was still in my arms. "I have some important pack things I need to take care of. I'll be back soon though ok?" She sighed and said, "Ok." I felt horrible leaving her but I needed to get down there. I gave her the remote to the television and told her she could watch whatever she wanted which I could tell made her happy. I made my way as fast as possible to the dungeons. Finally, I get to my packmates and hear a sly voice say,

"Oh, so you must be the Alpha, nice to meet you."