Chapter 20

Sapphire's POV

I woke up to an empty bed this morning and as I stretched, I saw a small piece of paper on my nightstand. I grabbed it, hoping it was Noah letting me know where he had gone, and started to read it.
To my beautiful mate,

I didn't want to wake you up, but I started work a bit early today so I can be ready for our date. Jessica said she would help you get ready a few hours before we leave. I can't wait to see you in your new dress.
I love you,
Noah

I read the note a few times, reading his I love you over and over. This feeling of being loved was so foreign to me, yet I welcomed it so willingly now because I knew I could trust Noah.

At this point, it was still around 11am so I made my way downstairs with my yoga mat to see if I could practice my powers by myself. I was hopeful that I would have something to talk about with Noah on our date, especially if I was able to control my powers a bit more. I set up my mat close to the garden so that I could smell the flowers and hear the soothing sound of the water feature. I used the breathing techniques the yoga teacher taught me and as I became more relaxed I could feel the power flowing through my body like a hum of electricity. I continued to focus as I sat there, not caring how long it took as I tried to channel the energy into my fingertips. I slowly opened my eyes and without thinking any further, started to guide the water from the garden into the air. I pulled it through the air and started spinning it in a circle around me and then over my head, letting a little laugh spill from my mouth as moved the water all around. Just as I moved the water above me, I was startled by a gasp and a scream which made me lose my focus and drop the water over my head. I turned around to see Jessica looking at me in awe as she walked towards me. "I didn't know you could do such cool stuff!! Can you do it again?" I wiped the water from my face as I laughed, "I don't think so I have to work so hard to stay focused" Jessica came closer and then started laughing as if she just noticed I was drenched. "I'm so sorry!" She said through her chuckles, "now let's clean you up and get you ready for that date, but first lunch!" I started to laugh with her as I picked up my yoga mat and tried to squeeze as much water out of my hair as I could. As always there was a spread of food on the table for lunch and we both grabbed a sandwich and headed for my bedroom. We ate while we started a show on Netflix and as soon as I took my last bite I was thrown into the bathroom to take a shower while she got everything else ready. It felt so weird being taken care of like this. If you had told me just a few months ago that someone would be fussing over how I looked and helping me so much I would have never believed them. I don't even think I would have believed that I would find my mate. Back then, things had seemed so hopeless, but now my future seemed so much brighter. I stepped out of the shower and found that my getting ready outfit had been laid out for me consisting of a lacy black pair of underwear with the matching strapless bra and an oversized button down shirt which must have been Noah's because of the size.

I opened the bathroom door to find Jessica surrounded by tons of makeup products and hair tools and I gasped at how much stuff she had. "Are we using all of that on me?" I asked wondering how we possibly even could. Jessica laughed and said, "of course we are! Don't worry you're gonna look great, now come here so we can start your hair." I obediently walked over to the chair in front of her and let her blow dry and curl my hair. Jessica then started on makeup, using some of the products we bought together while also mixing in products of her own. Thankfully, she told me what she was doing every step of the way so that I could repeat this process again if I ever wanted to, although I was thankful to know what she was doing because it eased some of my anxiety.

After what felt like an eternity, she put the final touches on my face, and I was told to put my dress on. I carefully pulled the green fabric up onto my body and walked out of the bathroom and Jessica squealed so loudly I almost covered my ears. "You look breathtaking Sapphire! You look like a model out of a magazine! Noah should be here any minute now and I can't wait to see his reaction to my masterpiece." I finally grew the courage to look at myself in the mirror and was in complete shock. The dress I wore hug every curve of my body which was finally filling out after being fed consistently. My hair cascaded down my shoulder in loose waves and framed my face in the best way. This was one of the first times I had ever felt so beautiful. I felt the prickle of tears my eyes as I continued to stare at myself, but I pushed them aside as I heard the front door open. "That's got to be him, I'll check!" Jessica ran out of the room and squealed again, making me sure that my mate was standing at the front door. I slipped on my new heels and walked towards the stairs. My foot caught the first step before we met eyes and Noah stood there looking like his eyes might burst out of his head. I could feel my cheeks getting redder and redder as his eyes raked over my body shamelessly. I started walking again, making my way to him and finally close enough for him to plant a kiss on my cheek. "You look stunning babe" Noah said in my ear making me blush even harder.

He took my hand and guided me to his car so we could head to our destination.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: May 22, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Alpha's Little Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें