1

L E X I
G O N Z A L E S

Moving back home has to be one of the best decisions my parents have ever made.

To be honest I do love New York and it's been great living here and it's been great to start my career but nothing can compete with my home. It's where all my friends and family are.

My parents told me in the middle my sophomore year in high school that we were moving to New York.

Which I did not like because that means I had to move schools, move house and move across the freaking country.

I hated being the new girl. It was horrible.

Mainly because everyone knew who I was. Mainly because my Dad is a famous entrepreneur along side my grandfather so everyone wanted to be my friend just to get closer to them.

But now I can finally go back home to a familiar place and a school where people already knew me so I won't really be the new new girl.

But I guess it's not the most helpful as I'm going into my final year of high school which is also the most important year.

Thankfully after this year I can really focus on my music and not bother about school ever again.

The other con about moving home is that I have to see Reece Johnson. Me and him were inseparable when we were growing up. We did everything together.

Growing up I liked having someone who wanted to everything and anything no matter how reckless it was. I always remember how many times we would get told off by our moms for doing stuff that could have easily killed us.

But we didn't care we liked living life on the edge. Literally.

Let's jut say that when I told Reece I was moving away he was not so happy about it. Words were said, tears were cried, friendships were broken. It was not a fun time. For either of us.

We haven't said a word to each other since the day I told him.

I tried talking to him but he dismissed me every time.

So I eventually gave up.

It was difficult, losing my favourite person so quickly.
But I got over it.
I think.

Reece has a twin sister, Hannah, me and her weren't very close growing up but we were still friends. We talked a lot after I left and still do now. Then there's Kiara. She's Reece and Hannah's youngest sister. She's six years old and she is an absolute angel.

Me and Reece's family are really close because of our Dads. They grew up together and went to high school and college together. They then met our Moms during college. Our parents both got married in vegas on a very drunk night out.

I will never tell them this but my parents are pretty cool.

My Mom is Puerto Rican but moves to America when she was eighteen for college. When they got married My dad took my Moms last name as he thought it was better than his one. I have two older brothers Devon and Jesse. Who are both hell to be around.

They're in college. I still don't understand how they got in. Especially Jesse he's extremely dumb, I'm pretty sure he only went to college to bump up his body count. I'm happy that they are in college because it means I get to see them a lot less.