22

L E X I
G O N Z A L E S

It's thanksgiving.

Which means my dad will be in the kitchen cooking, it's the one day a year he will cook. My mom is currently on the phone to her evil parents and then she'll be drinking the rest of the day. My brothers are having a private conversation and Jesse looks like he might shit himself.

And for me I'm just chilling and relaxing.

My mom storms into the kitchen and slams her phone on the table, I turn to  Dad who quickly hides anything that could be used as a weapon.

"So guess what's new with my family" she claps her hands together repeatedly "Lexi, Abuela has bought you a prom dress which she's shipped over and it should be here soon" ay dios "my máma also gave me a list of men that I could still potentially marry. How lovely?! Now I'm going to drink my problems away"

"Mom, it's ten AM" Devon's going to regret saying that.

"Oh shut up Devon" she's mad if you can't tell.

My mom doesn't have the best relationship with my abuelos. Well she despises them actually.

"I have an announcement!" Jesse yells from out of nowhere.

"Why are you yelling?" Dad asks.

"Sorry. So basically- alright so. Okay so. I and well. okay.-"

"Jesse got a girl pregnant" Devon says and I almost spill my mug of coffee all over the turkey.

"Hey! I was gonna say it!"

"You didn't have the balls to do it"

"But he had the balls to get a girl pregnant" i say, my mouth moving faster than my brain.

"You got a girl pregnant?" My dad asks and Jesse nods "Okay" dad nods his head up and down "we can't exactly be mad when we went through the same thing" he adds.

"Mom?"

"You're going to have a baby?" She asks as tears stream down her face, she wraps her around Jesse.

"Are you okay with this?" He asks.

"Well you know, I had Devon when I was twenty two and he's now twenty two which makes me-"

"Forty four" dad says.

"Thank you" she pats my dads chest.

"It's basic maths but okay" he nods.

"Shut up I'm emotional. I guess the only problem is this I'm going to be grandparent at forty four" she sniffles "is the girl okay?"

"Yep, she told her parents but kicked her out so she's currently living with me. She's at one of her friends houses for the thanksgiving break. The baby is all good as well it's like nearly sixteen weeks I think" Jesse rushes out "but we have to do everything to keep it out of the public eye because the second the media find out about this it will take over everything and she's already dealing with a lot"

"Well do the best we can" dad says.

"I was hoping that we don't tell abuelos about this" Jesse turns to mom.