3

L E X I
G O N Z A L E S

"Hannah I've said it once and I'll say it again, you're a terrible driver" I hear my best friend moan as she gets out of the car. How did we nearly die six times during a five minute drive to school? Hannah's driving. That's why.

"It's the car!" Hannah tries to defend herself but not very well.

"It's you!" Me and Sydney both tell her.

I run both my hands through my long dark hair trying to tidy it "ready?" Sydney asks me and I look at her and shake my head "well that's not going to work, let's get you inside before you have a breakdown in the middle of the parking lot" she takes my hand and begins pulling me in the direction of the school.

I love Sydney but she is a lot more confidant than me. I'm shitting myself about going back to this school. I feel like my legs might give out and I'll collapse on the floor.

"I'll see you guys later" Hannah waves us off as she walks in a different direction.

"You'll be fine, you just need to get through the day and then you can cry for the rest of the night when you get home" that doesn't help much.

"You have such a way with words that always help me to be more confident"

When I saw Pops at the country club a few days ago he told me he can hire someone to accidentally kill everyone who bothers me. I don't think he'll need to got that far.

I follow Sydney inside and everyone's eyes turn to us as we walk through the corridors towards the main office of the school. Is Sydney really special here or does everyone just have a staring problem?

"Why was everyone staring at you?" I ask her quietly.

"Because I'm a fucking icon bitch" she tells me "and also cause like your new and also cause people know who you are" she says as she taps my nose repeatedly.

When I graduate I will be moving to a private island all by myself and I'll get my family to tell people I died. Then I can live in peace.

"Your paparazzi photos are my favourite thing to look at, also tabloids written about you and your family make me giggle" Sydney laughs and then pulls out her phone showing me a recent paparazzi photos of me where I am obviously flipping every 'photographer' off.

"Iconic" i say.

After picking up my lesson plan Sydney snatches it out of my hand before I get a chance to look at it "thank fuck we have the first lesson together I don't know what I would do!" Sydney gasps.

"You'd probably skip"

"That's correct"

When we get to our first class the room is pretty much empty, me and Sydney take a seat at one of the tables in the back. "We've been here for a total of ten minutes and I'm already done" Sydney rest her head on the table.

"That's better than last year, you didn't even turn up for the first week" I run my hands through my hair "then sophomore year you turned up walked inside then turned around and walked out"

"I only walked out because Max jumped in my face and screamed" ohhh yeah I remember, Max is very hyper so I'm not surprised he would do that.