7

L E X I
G O N Z A L E S

"Would you mind singing, as well at beautifully playing?" I hear Pops asks me which makes me mess up the part I was playing.

When Dad goes over to inform Pops about all the work he's missed I tag along and play on his grand piano. It's my favourite thing in his 'palace' as I like to call it.

"No" I reply.

"But you have an amazing voice that I haven't heard in a while" he adds. My cheeks blush from embarrassment.

I used to sing in front of people but I can't anymore. The only times I sing is to my self in my bedroom or shower or when I'm writing and recording on my phone.

People can hear me but I can see them.

"At my funeral, you're going to sing"

"Pops! Don't say that kind of stuff!" I tell him pointing a finger.

"I will if you start singing" he can be so immature sometimes, "moving on, the lake house has been renovated so how would like to invite some friends and spend the weekend there?" He asks changing the conversation, thankfully.

"Did you touch the treehouse?" I ask and he shakes his head, "yeah I'll ask them" the treehouse was my childhood so if they renovated that, it would be like losing a huge part of my life.

"Good, now sing"

****
The next day.

It's game day.

Which means all the teachers and students will becomes obsessed with soccer for one day and then by Monday next week everything will go back to normal.

After the game tonight we're going over to my lake house for the weekend which I think will be really fun. But only if the guys win their game because if they don't then they will be in a grump for the rest of the weekend.

Me and Sydney walk side by side onto the bleachers, near where the soccer players are having their practice. We make our eye up the steps to where Hannah and Ivy are. Ivy is Easton's girlfriend and is also really close with Hannah, she also has amazing style.

Taking a seat, I turn my head to see Reece looking at me with that stupid smirk on his face. I flip him off as I pop my bubblegum.

"So Lexi, what's your lake house like?" Ivy asks me.

"Well it was nearly falling down the last time I was there. But it's been all done up. I haven't been there in years, but there's five bedrooms and I forgot how many bathrooms, a lake and big garden" I spent a lot of my childhood at the lake house, I spent most my time there with Reece as we were always trying to figure out the sailing boat worked.

I also spent a lot of my time in the treehouse that sits in the backyard. We once tried to set up a zip line that went from the tree house and into the lake.

It resolved in Jesse having a broken leg.

"Can we go get some food,? I'm starving" Sydney groans rubbing her stomach.

We all stand up and make our way down the steps and over to the school doors "please tell me we aren't going to go to the cafeteria to get food?" Hannah whines.

"Hell no! I was planning on the McDonald's that's five minutes away" Sydney says "the cafeteria food is equivalent to dog shit"

Sydney is not wrong about that.

****

My high school really goes all out when games happen.

Me and the girls make our way out of the parking lot in our jerseys and glitter. I'm wearing one of Reece's hoodies I stole from him, it's green with his last name printed out on the back in bold letters and also his number '4' underneath his name. I was going to wear his jersey but it was short sleeved and the cuts on my arms have healed but they are still very visible so I decided to go with that hoodie.

It's quite big on me so I'm wearing black Nike pro shorts underneath with white trainers. My hair is scraped up into a ponytail and I added some green glitter to my temples to add to the theme.

"Lexi" I hear someone call me name, turning my head I see Reece stood under the bleachers.

"I'll catch up with you guys in a second" I tell the girls, leaving them I wonder over to Reece, "whatcha doing?" I ask him "aren't you supposed to be in your locker room?"

"Um yes, but that's not important" he says "I need you to keep this safe for me whilst I win this game" he holds his chain in his hand.

"That's a little cocky, are you sure your going to win this?" I ask him with a smirk lingering on my lips.

"Princess, I could win this game all by myself with a blindfold on" the nickname rolls off of his tongue.

I roll my eyes at his cockiness "I'll keep your pretty little necklace safe for you" I tell him.

He spins me around and moves my ponytail, he clips the chain around the neck and my body shivers when the cold metal hits my skin. I feel his hot breath against my neck "you look good with my number on you" he says.

"I was contemplating wearing a number from a player on the opposite team" I tell him turning back around to face him.

"If you did that I would I have ripped the jersey off your body myself". I really should have worn the other guys jersey.
He tugs me closer to him by my waist, I tilt my head back so I can look into his green eyes.

"Johnson!" I hear his coach yell and Reece jolts back "Are you seriously macking a girl six minutes before the soccer game!" He shouts.

"Bye loser" i wink at him as I turn away.

"See you later, princess" he smirks at me yet again.

Awkwardly passing his coach I run out to the bleachers to go find the girls. I quickly run over to them once I saw Sydney waving at me with both arms i the air.

Taking a seat Sydney looks at me with her eyebrow raised "so where did you run off to?" She asks me.

"No where" I say.

"Nice chain by the way, looks familiar" she stairs at Reece's chain that hangs around my neck.

"Shut up" I sit back against try bleacher.

"Just friends my ass" I hear her mumble.

AUTHORS NOTES

a happier chapter than the last two...

Hopefully I'll be double updating this week!x

I hope you liked the chapter xx

Bye Bye

-Nat 💙