9

R E E C E
J O H N S O N

"Ow!" I hear Lexi shout when she steps inside the treehouse. It's the only thing that Lexi's grandfather didn't change when he was renovating their lake house.

"Is it good for me to come up?!" I ask her loudly snd she shows me a thumbs up.

Quickly climbing up the wobbly ladder I push the tiny door open and stand inside the house part of the tree house. There's a pile of old books and board games on the floor and two very dirty and muddy bean bags that we used to sit on. There's colour all over the wood walls as Lexi used to draw all over the walls.

Today is our last day at the lake house, even though we all want to stay here forever, but sadly we have school tomorrow so we're leaving in a couple hours but me and Lexi decided to come up here before the old wood collapses and falls to the ground.

"This place is a lot smaller than I remember" I say and then I lift my head up and it crashes against the tree house roof "fuck!"

"There's the roof there" Lexi tells me pointing to the very low down ceiling.

"Really?!" I say with my sarcastic tone as I rub the top of my head.

(Four years ago)
Age- 13

"Reece you probably shouldn't do that" I look down off of the treehouse roof to see Lexi standing on the deck with her arms crossed.

"I'm trying to be Indiana Jones" I tell her.

"You are the complete opposite to Harrison Ford. Just because you have the hat and jacket doesn't make you Indiana Jones it makes you a loser" She laughs at herself.

"Well how about you shut up and go back to whatever you were doing" I suggest.

"Okay but don't come crying to me when you fall off the treehouse and break every bone in your body" Lexi walks back in the treehouse and shuts the door behind her. 

I hold onto the rope tightly as I slowly lower myself down the roof. I make it to the bottom off the roof and I jump off and land on the deck. I look over the wood barrier to see the rest of the rope dangling down to the floor.

I step onto the barrier still holding to the rope. "Are you seriously about to jump off?" I hear Lexi again.

"Yes. You gotta problem with that"

"Well it's just there is a ladder right there" she points to the ladder that's right next to me.

"Let me be Indiana jones!"

"Your jumping off a treehouse not running through a secret cave with people chasing you with fire"

"I will throw you off this treehouse is a minute" I threaten her but she giggles at me.

"Your pathetic sometimes" she laughs.

I ignore her and get myself ready to jump off the barrier and hopefully land on the floor.

"I can't concentrate with you staring at me"

"Intimated" Lexi narrows her eyes.

"No" lie.

I look down at the floor and it looks much more high up than I remember.

3

2

1

"Shit!" I shout.

"Don't say bad words!" Lexi shouts.