20

R E E C E
J O H N S O N

You know that voice that's always in your head telling you that you're a shit person and you should try better. Basically just insulting and degrading you constantly. Well mine doesn't live in my head, mine is a short tempered, Mario Kart obsessed, Latina girl that where's glasses cause she's fucking blind.

If you haven't guessed already it's Lexi Gonzales.

Earlier today coach gave me this long ass pep-talk about how I should try harder in school and if I don't then he'll kick me off the team.
He did threaten me.

I know that coach would never kick me off, he loves me too much.

But then at the same time if I don't pass this upcoming exam I don't think I should even bother walking back into his office ever again.

So that leads me here. The library. The only time I've ever been in here was in freshman year, I came in here with Marcus and we both got lost snd were gone for a couple hours. I thought I fucking stepped into marinara or some shit like that.

After I told Lexi about what coach told me she dragged my ass- literally dragged me- over to the library to she could 'help me out'. She hasn't 'helped me out' all she's done so throw paper balls and pens at me the whole time we've been here.

I jolt up in my seat when i hear massive crash on the table "oh I'm sorry sleeping beauty, I didn't mean to wake you" Lexi says as she sits back down in her chair.

"Oh no problem" I lie my head back down in the table and she yanks me back up straight by the hood on my hoodie almost choking me to death "I hate you" I narrow my eyes at her.

"That's possibly the biggest lie I've ever heard you say" she pats my cheek multiple times before opening up the massive textbook.

"Why were you gone for so long?" I ask her leaning my head on my arms.

"Did you miss me, loser?" She puts both her hands on her heart and I roll my eyes "I ran into Ashton, and we just started talking. Then I lost track of time" she says and I swear I see her cheeks blush.
Fuck. My. Life.

"You need to get better glasses, cause I don't know what you see in him" I mutter hearing her scoff and then laugh.

"Maybe I should, I do have a really bad type. After all I did sleep with you didn't I?" A mischievous smile appears on her lips as she taps the tip of her pen against her bottom lip.

"Maths!" I sit up and clap my hand together "what's new with this lovely- thing!" I make my voice sound cheery and happy. Pushing her black rimmed glasses up her nose Lexi looks down at the textbook that I swear is written in gibberish.

"Princess, I think you got the textbook because there is letters in these things and maths is numbers not letters" i points to the random letters that are scattered across the page.

"I think you should go back to middle school, maybe elementary that's probably more your range of knowledge" she huffs "your nickname loser is really starting to make sense now isn't it? Loser"

"I'd rather fail this exam and get kicked off the team than be sat here right now"

"The door is over there" she points to the exit door which is calling my name but my ass stays sat on the chair just so I can waste a little more of her time "shall we continue?" She asks and I nod "wonderful".