14

L E X I
G O N Z A L E S

Shutting the front door I'm greeted by Loki jumping on me, I stroke his head whilst I try to kick my trainers off my feet.

Strolling into the kitchen I notice my brothers are home for the weekend. Whoopee!

"Aren't you supposed to be at the club right now?" Devon asks me as I open the fridge take a bowl of grapes.

"Yeah, but I got in an argument with mom and dad so Reece took me home" I say throwing a grape in my mouth.

"Why was he there?"

"He works there"

"Why did you get into an argument?" Jesse asks as he opens his water bottle and takes a gulp of water.

"My future-".

"Mierda" both my brothers curse in Spanish at the same time.

(Shit)

"What?"

"You told dad you didn't want to go to college, I'm surprised you didn't cause him a heart attack" Devon says and I look at him weirdly "what is it that you want to do?" I shrug my shoulders.

"Oh sweet lord, we're going to be a while" Jesse says in a southern accent as he gets comfortable to explain stuff to me.

"Dad thinks that because he wanted to have the family company, us three also want to be apart of it. That's why he wants you to go college" Devon explains, "also why we're in college".

"Not me. You should have seen his face when he heard I got a football scholarship" Jesse adds, "he's just under a lot of stress at the moment since becoming the new CEO, he basically is Pops just walks around the offices talking to everyone he doesn't do any work".

"Okay" I nod my head slowly.

"If you don't want to go to college, then you don't want to go. But having some sort of idea will probably chill him out" Devon continues, "this is the most serious conversation we've ever had".

"Let's never do it again" Jesse walks off.

The front door opens and Dad walks in on the phone to someone, he strolls through the house talking about money "shock horror he's in a business call" I make my way over to the stairs.

After making my way up I take a seat at my desk and open up my laptop because I have some homework I need to get started on. Music plays through my AirPod as I open up textbook and notebook I begin writing down the notes I need.

A knock at my door pulls me a way from five minutes of focus, "come in" I say taking out one of my AirPods, my Mom enters with a box in her hands and shuts the door behind her and places the box on my bed.

"What are you up to?" She asks standing behind my desk and looking over my shoulder.

"Homework" I say bluntly.

"I have something to show you" she says and I turn my head. She takes a seat on my bed and opens the box "come on" she pats my bed, I had before getting up sitting down on my bed next to her. "This morning I was in the garage and I found these boxes filled with some your childhood stuff, I only found yours I have no idea where I put Devon and Jesse's though"

I pull out this heavy book, turning a few pages I see photos of me when I was younger. A picture catches my eye, I'm sat on Pops lap with a guitar on my lap and arms around me showing me how to play it, I was probably only four and had no idea what was happening.

Turning a couple more photos I see one where I'm on my Dads shoulders as he sails a boat. I'm wearing a captain sailing boat and I have the biggest smile on my face.

"I know your mad at him, so am I and you have a right to feel frustrated. You will hate me for saying this but he just wants was is bets for you, he just happens to be going the wrong way about it" Mom says moving my hair behind my shoulder "if you don't want to go to college I won't force you but keep it in mind as an option just in case" she adds and I look up at her.

"If you want to fly away from home the second you graduate" she begins and then pauses "you better send me videos and photos of every place you go to" I wrap my arms around her, hugging her tightly "but please don't leave for too long your still my little baby girl" she kisses the top of my head.

"Te quiero mucho, cariña" she speaks in Spanish, I love it when she talks to me I Spanish. Being able to talk in other languages to people is always fun.

(I love you so much, sweetheart)

"Ti amo" i say.

(I love you)

"Now, ignore all the shit your Dad is saying about how you will ruin your future and life's purpose if you don't go to college he just being cautious. You know what he's like. He's a girl Dad" she kisses my forehead and then leaves.

Hearing my phone ring I stand up from my bed to see Sydney calling me answering it I press my phone against my ear "YOU AND REECE KISSED!!??"

Shit I forgot to tell her about that.

AUTHORS NOTES

7K READS !!

I've had so much writing motivation lately so proud of me but that will all disappear when I go back to school. Xx

Bye Bye

-Nat 💙