32

R E E C E
J O H N S O N

"You know you don't have to go in if you don't want to" I hear her voice from beside as I stare into space.

"You have to go in though" I spin my keys around my hand as my fingers tap the steering wheel.

"I could miss a day" she shrugs.

"I do have practice today- wait. No one knows do they?"

"Nobody knows other than the ones that were in the hospital the others juts think you were sick. when have you got practice?"

"Now"

"Well maybe you should go and then leave afterwards also taking me with you so I don't have to spend the rest of the day in this prison" for someone who spends every second of the day chained to her desk studying, she sure does not actually like being in school.

I don't why I'm so nervous to go back to school, nobody knows but what if everything comes out and everyone finds out. Sydney is the only person who fully knows what happened but I don't know if other people have and idea about what happened.

Lexi wasn't even there but I know she has feeling I'm keeping something from her. I guess I just don't know if she'll believe me. Looking over at her she's silently sitting in the car seat looking out the window.

"Lex?"

"Did you juts call me Lex?"

"Maybe but I regret it"

"What do you want Reecey-boo?" She asks grinning at me.

"Juts because we're friends again doesn't mean you can call me Reecey-boo"

"I think friends is a push, we're still on nemesis level"

"Fine by me"

"Anyways what did you want?"

"I was just gonna ask you if you were okay but if we're nemesis's then I don't really care" opening the door I step out my truck and shut the door behind me.

I wait for Lexi to grab all her shit and wonder around to where I am "to answer your question I'm perfectly fine" she says as she drops all of her stuff to the ground. Pulling up the sleeves of her hoodie my gaze catches the sight of the scars.
On both arms.

"Oh don't worry I can pick this all up by myself no need to help" I hear her groan.

"Oh sorry" clearing my throat I crosscut down and pick the two textbooks she can't get, "why do you have so much with you!"

"I borrowed some of Ivy's books so I'm giving them back to her today" she says and I gaze flicks from her face to her arms. I'm trying to ignore it but it's difficult to understand she did that to herself. "Please stop looking at my arms"

"I'm sorry"

"It's fine you don't need to apologise" she turns away and tugs her sleeves down whilst still holding all the books, I hand her the ones I was holding "I'll see you later" she says in a blunt tone as she quickly moves away from me.