Chapter 1 ~ Detention?!

{a/n: the entire story is based off of the swan by camille saint-saëns *GO LISTEN NOW*<> the entire "akuma class" are basically bullies, except for a few, which you'll find out later }

{marinette pov}

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" I yell across the classroom. I see Lila ripping Nathaniel's sketchbook to little tiny pieces. Nathaniel, though, is being held by Kim, sobbing and his screams are muffled.

"What would you know about it, Marinette?! Don't you know what he's done?!" Alya demanded, and Lila finally dropping the sketchbook.

Nathaniel looks at me through Kim's arms, hopefully.

"I don't know what he did," I admitted. "But it's no reason to destroy what he loves!"

"You're such a hypocrite, Marinette!" Alya fumed. " You destroyed what Lila loves!"

Not this bitch again.

"When will you see Lila is LYING?"

"What?!" Alya looked angry as ever as soon as I said that.

"What, your little brain can't coprehend it? I'll spell it then. L. Y. I. N. G." I used my hands to emphasize every letter.

And then, I got punched in the face. Alya was standing over my crunched body on the floor, but I wasn't going down without a fight. I got up, shakily, and punched Alya right in the nose. I saw blood running from her nostril and just my luck, Mme. Bustier saw all of it. She was standing over us with Lila by her side.

That little fucking weasel.

I got away from Alya's grip, and got Nathaniel from the floor. Nathaniel's hand in mine, and even though it hurt, we ran out of the classroom.

I went to the nurse's office, where the nurse gave me an ice pack to stop my eye from swelling, and went to get ointment for Nathaniel's scratches.

"What did you do to get Alya so worked up?" I ask, trying to avoid silence. He looked down and seemed to remember a few things.

"I don't really want to talk about it" he said quietly.

"Okay." I respond.
2 minutes later, Principal Damocles comes into the nurse's office and told me to follow him. I knew what this was going to result in, so reluctantly, I followed, Nathaniel trying to keep up. Going into his office, I see Lila and Alya sitting down.

None of their parents were there, but mine were. My father gave me a "did you win?" look. I gave him a nod and a small smile while he did a subtle fist pump in the air.
My mother looked about ready to strangle Principal Damocles, Lila, and Alya; I was under no doubt she couldn't. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, you have detention for a week.

"What?!"

Resounding cries from around the room. My mother was about to slap the shit out of Alya, but my father held her back. "Only detention?! I have a broken nose!" Alya pointed furiously at her nose. "Um, Mr. Damocles?" Nathaniel, in the doorway, raised his hand, wanting to get everyone's attention in the room. "Yes Mr. Kurtzberg?"

"If I may, sir, Lila Rossi commited destruction of property. Personal property, my sketchbook. That sketchbook was very important to me, and she took even that away."

Everyone turned to Lila, who didn't seem fazed. "I'm so sorry, Principal Damocles, but I have a disease that makes me do things I don't mean to! I didn't mean it at all, I swear!" she said looking like she was about to cry.

'Ugh. Can't she think of anything new?' I thought to myself.

"It's alright Lila, you are not in trouble. Mr. Kurtzberg, did you know about her condition?"

Nathaniel looked about ready to pummel her shit but seemed to calm himself down.

"No sir, I didn't."

He walked out of the office, smiling.

'Why? Meh, who knows.'

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, detention will start tomorrow for you."

"Yes sir." I grumble. "You and your family are excused." he shoos us away. My mom and my dad put both their hands on my shoulder as we were walking out.

"I'll kill them if I have to."

"MOM!"
"What?"
She looks confused as to why I was interfering with her plan.