Chapter 9 ~ A "Friend"'s Stay

song: good looking by suki waterhouse

*****
felix pov
*****

Never play foosball with Adrien Agreste.
Either he wins and rubs it in your face, or he complains when he loses. There is NEVER a middle ground.

At one point, I give up. "I forfeit, you absolute child." "I knew you would give up! You are just too cowardly to compete against the one and only Chat Noir!" He strikes another dramatic pose. "And we are the same age, Fé."

"Haha so funny." I start. My phone rings in my pocket and looks at the screen, and I feel my face go red. "Who is it Fé?" Adrien asks. "It's Marinette."

"Hello?" I answer. "Felix, I need a really big favor. Can I maybe stay over at your place? It's super urgent and I don't have that much time." she says rushingly. She sounds panicked, and she's running.

"Of course, I'll be outside." I hang up and immediately run to the front gate, Adrien following. "What's going on Felix?" He asks pretty frantically. I don't think he's seen me this worked up ever since I had that nightmare.

I see Marinette, her pigtails out of their usual bands, instead, her hair is running loose, free in the wind of her running. She looks...gorgeous. Wait. No! Not at a time like this! She's in trouble.

Adrien nudges my arm as she gets closer. I press the button that opens the gates.

She runs in and I close the gate as quick as I can. I put my arm on her left shoulder and we both run inside. Adrien is yelling at someone, but I don't turn and look.

I lead her upstairs and we sit on Adrien's couch. 

"Okay, what the hell is going on?" Adrien asks, setting his elbows on the top of the couch. 

"I ticked Alya off," Marinette said as she shrugged.  "Okay, well, why'd she chase after you?" I ask. 

"She was just kind of pissed I guess," she explains. 

Adrien gives me a look that says '𝘚𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.' He's right. She's not telling us everything.  Details are missing, and the full story she's saying doesn't make sense. 

"Well, I guess you'll stay here until Alya cools off," I say. Adrien gasps and his face changes into a mischievous smile. 

"Of course, because who wouldn't want a "FRIEND" to stay over?" Adrien gushed, looking at me.

I'm screwed.

(a/n: OH MY GOD ITS FINALLY OUT!!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR 700+ READS YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!)