Chapter 17 ~ New Friend

song: xanny by billie eilish

there is a ride the cyclone refrence in this chapter! if you haven't watched ride the cyclone DO IT NOW.
it's on yt

*****
adrien pov
*****

It's boring in hospitals.

Maybe that's a big surprise to some. At least I've been somewhat entertained by things around me. Felix has visited me everyday after school. He hasn't been well; he always has puffy eyes, decorated with black bags underneath.

I don't want him to worry about me, but I hate to say it was expected. He worries a lot.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a knock at the door. 'It must be Felix.' I think.

It's not. It's a boy. He looks about 15-16 years old, and he just wheeled in. His wheelchair wasn't accompanied by anyone but himself. No nurse or anything. That's rare to see here.

"Hey Adrien." He says wheeling over to my bed. "Uhm, hi. Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Noel. Noel Gruber." He smiles. He holds out his hand, and I shake it. He sighs and leans his head against the back of his wheelchair.

"I heard about what you did for Chat Noir."

Oh boy. This will be fun to explain.

"Well...well.." I stumble on my words.
He laughs. "You don't need to lie to me. I know. I see the ring on your finger in your modeling photos." He looks at my hand and sees the ring is no longer there.

He looks at me, eyes wide. "Where-"
"I gave it to someone to cover for me while I'm here."

Noel stared out the window, as if he could imagine me giving it to someone else.

He thought about it, then turned back towards me. "Isn't that like, super dangerous?"

I consider this. "I trust the new holder." I say. But his words stick with me. How would Ladybug react?

Noel seemed to read my thoughts.
"Hey, let's do something. Something...fun. Wanna sneak down to the vending machines? I have some leftover cash." He offers.

"Yeah, let's do it." I smile.

*****

hi guys! sorry for the delay, a lot of family things happened and iykykyk

but thanks for the reads and all that :D i've got a lot of plans for noel and adrien's relationship if ykwim ;)

thank you for everything!!

-felix <3