Chaper 16 ~ Her Side

song: smokey eyes by lincoln

*****
marinette pov
*****

Sooner rather than later, I thought. Walking into class, now being one of the things I dreaded most after Chat Noir's...how do we say..."incident", and his replacement.

Don't get me wrong, his replacement was great, amazing, even. But I can't help thinking that I've seen him somewhere before...

Right as the bell rings, Felix swings the door open, eyes deprived of sleep. He's obviously been crying. The red and black circles around his eyes said all that he couldn't.

He looked at me, and his face changed, trying to rid itself of the lack of sleep and tears.

"Hey Marinette." was all he said as he unpacked his bag.

"Hey Felix! Uhh, where is Adrien?"

His face darkened. "He...saved Chat Noir from any permanent damage."

My eyes widen.

"Is he..." I couldn't even finish.

Felix immediately realized what he said.

"No no no! He's just...going to be in the hospital for a while. Not too long I hope."

"Oh. Okay, that's much better, but still bad."

"Yeah." He looks down, and fiddles with his hands.

My eyes wander to something I hadn't noticed before. Aside from his thin silver ring, which I heard was his family ring, he has a thicker chunkier ring.

Weird.

We continue on in class, and the end of the day comes faster than I expect. I wave goodbye to Felix, and make my way upstairs.

It's only then that I realize.

He was wearing Adrien's ring.

*****

thanks for all the love guys :) i'm trying to find an end to this story and i really can't find it sooo yeah this story may drag on a bit but that's fine

i hope you guys are enjoying this story and have a good day/afternoon/night!

-felix :)