Chapter 14 ~ Similarities

song: the 30th by billie eilish

*****
marinette/ladybug pov
*****

I sit on top of the Eiffel Tower, looking out towards the city. What could have happened that would have made it different?

The villain got their akuma captured. I couldn't bother to see who it was. I was crying way too much to care.

Dangling my legs off the edge, waiting to see if Chat Noir will get my message(s) I sent to him.

It was all a blur. I couldn't see what was going on, except that I had passed out and was on the ground while he got stabbed. I could have done something, maybe I could've-

(*beep beep beeeeeep*)

It's him! Oh my god, I didn't even think he would call me when he got the chance!

"Chat Noir! Oh my god, I've been so worried about you! They told me to go, and-"

"Uhh- Ladybug?"

I look confused at the phone. It says Chat Noir, so why was he acting as if he didn't know who I was?

"Chat Noir?"

"Well, yes and no. Where are you? There's lots to explain." I consider this. Is he lying? Could Shadow Moth have gotten a hold of him and could it be a trap?

"I'm on the Eiffel Tower." I say, standing up.

"Alright, I'm on my way." He hangs up. His voice sounded different. It was a voice I had definitely heard before, but it wasn't Chat's.

I wait, preparing for any battle or trap Shadow Moth could set up. Instead, I turn around and jump back.

"Oh. Hey, Ladybug."  He says and waves awkwardly. This isn't Chat Noir. It's a different Chat Noir.

I'm not going to lie, I blushed a bit.

His suit is way shinier than the other Chat Noirs, the collar is higher, and he's got a bigger bell. His eyes are a beautiful seafoam green, and his hair is longer and messier.

I thought maybe it would be Cat Walker (I never figured out who he was...) or someone else, but this person seems oddly familiar.

"Hey. Um, number one, how did you get the miraculous?" I say, about to go back into my attack position.

"Family member of his. You were there when it happened, right?"

Oh, right. "Well, yes. How did you find out his identity?"

"I've known for a while." He shrugs. He acts like this is no big deal! Whatever. I'm going to give him the benifit of a doubt since he must have no idea how the miraculous works.

"Okay. You take north, I'll take south." I say, opening an alarm app on my yo-yo. He stares at me blankly. "Uhh...for what exactly?"

I let out a subtle exasperated sigh. "Chat Noir and I have nightly patrols. We check every inch of the city to see if there's an akuma attack anywhere."

"But it's not night-" He looks at me quizzically, then looks at the sky. He gasps in horror. "How long does it take to get from one side of Paris to the other by stick?!" He yells at the black night sky. I giggle, and tell him to open the alarm on his baton/stick thing.

"Set a timer for an hour. Then, we'll meet up here at the Eiffel Tower." He salutes me and jumps into the night.

"Huh." I say. My head is reeling with so many emotions. One of them being...love? No. No, I can't possibly be in love with him. I don't know his identity and he'll probably only break my heart.

But until then, I'm going to keep my feelings to myself.

*****

this chapter came out way earlier than expected lol

i'm also on my way to school as i write this so have a good day/night/afternoon :)

-felix <33