Chapter 8 ~ Running Away (Temporarily)

song: running up that hill by kate bush

*****
marinette pov
*****

"Marinette, watch out!" Tikki squeals as I run straight into the wooden plank standing upright in my room. I yelp in pain and collapse on my chaise. "Oww.." I touch the soon-to-be bruise on my face.

Tikki flies down from where she was and starts worrying, as she does. "Ugh..I'm fine Tikki..I just need to rest a bit." I mutter as I turn away from her.

My phone buzzes and I turn towards it. I pick up the phone and see who's calling me. "Oh god." I groan. I answer the phone and a voice screams at me through the other end.

"MARINETTE WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?! LILA JUST CAME TO ME CRYING BECAUSE YOU PUNCHED HER IN THE PARK!"

"I thought I had blocked you, Alya." I say calmly. "And I'm at home! I haven't moved!"

"Liar!"

"You're sitting next to a liar!"

"I'm making my way over there if you don't apologize." She growls on the other end. "Alya, this is insane!"

"Nope! I'm going to go over there!"

She hangs up and I start panicking.

"Marinette, you need to leave before she gets here!"

"You're right, you're right..I need to..I need to leave!" I frantically start shoving clothes and other things into a backpack. I throw my trapdoor open and sprint down the stairs.

"Marinette, where are you going?" I hear my mom say. I don't respond. I'm going to have to text her later.

I run outside, with no sense of direction or where I'm supposed to be going.
"There she is!" I hear someone scream. It's Lila. Oh god oh god oh god.
"Come back here Marinette!" Alya yells and sprints towards me.

I take out my phone and frantically dial Felix's number.

(a/n: sorry this chapter was kind of short! the next chapter will be a follow up on this, but felix's pov. as always, thank you for reading!)