Chapter 10 ~ We've Got A Small Problem

song: leni sped up by dorian papiez

~~~~~

adrien's pov

tw towards the end

~~~~~

Okay. Well, I'm inside my house, with Felix and Marinette. Felix is in love with Marinette, and we both don't know Marinette's status with him. They better get together. Now that she's staying here, for the time being, I'm going to have to do my job as an expert matchmaker. 

The biggest issue will be going back to school. Alya still has it out for Marinette and it's Saturday. Knowing Alya, her grudge will be held either till she gets her hands on Marinette, or until next week. I think the only option I can have here is to...chat with her! 

Yeah, just a nice, calming, relaxing, friendly, chat! 

I hear a crash and immediately turn around to see Marinette with a broken vase on the floor. Felix is laughing and she's giggling. 

I resist the urge to yell "Just start dating" and instead say "You better be glad my father is at a conference right now." Felix walks over and puts his hand on my shoulder. He whispers in my ear, "You do realize he's coming back tomorrow morning, right?". My eyes widen in the horror of the number of questions he's going to ask.

"Uh...let's ignore that for now," I whisper back. "Let's ignore what?" Marinette's voice pops up behind me. 

She's very quiet. She's learned how to control her steps and she's flexible as hell. (Gym class is a nightmare. I never want to re-live the gymnastics unit). 

"Just the fact that my father will be back tomorrow morning, and I don't want him to kill me over this," I respond. Felix is looking wide-eyed at the window, so I turn and see a giant figure outside my window. It roars and throws a stray police car at a building. As it throws the car, purple fog surrounds him. 

I turn back to Felix and give him a look that says '𝘊𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦.' He nods and grabs Marinette's hand, but she's stood still, staring at the thing. She eventually follows Felix to what I believe to be my father's office. 

"Plagg, we've got some work to do. Claws out!" 

After my transformation, I hop out the window, to see Ladybug already by the creature. 

"Let's take this one down, Chat Noir. It's already caused plenty of damage to the buildings!" She exclaims, trying to wrap her yo-yo around the thing. "Got it." I say.

*tw begin*

After about 20 minutes, we've defeated the thing. Turns out, it wasn't an akuma, it was a sentimonster. Even after Ladybug said "Miraculous Ladybug", the purple haze has stayed behind. I turn to say goodbye to her, but she's on the ground. "Ladybug?" I call out to her. She doesn't respond. Just then, something pierces my skin. I look down to see blood. Did I get stabbed? I turn, but all I see is the purple haze. I collapse, and then black out.