Chapter 6 ~ Love Is Complicated

song: wont say i'm in love from hercules

*****
felix pov
*****

"Dude, you are so in love." I hear a voice next to me.

"What?! Adrien!" I shove him and he laughs.
"It's true! I see the way you look at her. You care about her, and you only met her today man." he explains.

I think about it, and he's right. I do care about her..."But-"

"No "but"s Felix. You're in love."

"No. I'm not in love with her! She's..just a very..good..friend." Adrien cringed after hearing that. "Yeesh. I lied to myself about that man. Don't dig that hole for yourself."

(check the description-it's updated so you can understand that⬆️)

"Adrien! I'm not in love with her. She's nothing more than a friend, and I'm sure she feels the same way." I yell and turn away. Adrien just smiles and says,
"Well, I guess we'll find out."

*****

When me and Adrien get home, I flop down on my bed, taking Adrien's words to mind.

'It's true! I see the way you look at her. You care about her, and you only met her today man.'
'No "but"s Felix. You're in love.'
'Well, I guess we'll find out.'

No! I'm not in love with her. I need to convince myself! There's no way I could be! I only met her today...but maybe...
I head over to my bookshelf and pick out the most recent book I had read.

Romeo and Juliet.

It was halfway out the bookshelf, but I don't remember reading it recently. Last I read it was 2 days ago. I flip through the pages to find Act 1, Scene 5.

"The measure done, I'll watch her place of stand
And, touching hers, make blessèd my rude hand.
Did my heart love till now?
Forswear it, sight,
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night."

It was love at first sight, as some of the readers and critics say. No, it can't be. Unless..?

"Finally figured it out, Fé?"

I drop the book, my face heating up as I see my brother with a smug grin leaning in the doorway. "Adrien! Did you take my book out?!" I fume, grabbing my book off of the ground. "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. It's all up to what you think." He closed his eyes and tsked.

"I expected you to figure it out on your own but...alas...I had to help you!" Adrien exclaimed dramatically while putting the back of his hand to his forehead in an actors pose. "You are such an over dramatic person." I scoff. "What can I say? It's the model in me." He flips the hair behind his head and strikes another, yet horribly ominous pose.

I chuckle and look back down at the cover of the book. "Do you really think she could be in love with me?" I ask. "You've gotta ask her Felix. That's the only way you are going to figure out what her feelings for you are."

"I- I can't." I stammer. I know it's impossible. If I tell Marinette my feelings, it could destroy everything between us, even ruin it. I decide internally I will never, EVER, tell Marinette Dupain-Cheng my feelings for her.

But what if she confessed to me? Then what would I do? Would I confess back? Tell her the same thing Adrien told her? How would she see me then? It would be a disa-

"FELIX!"
"Huh?"
"You went into a little thinking cloud again."
"Oh. Well I can't help but to think, Adrien! If I told her how I felt, would it change for the worst between us?"

"Felix, there's only one way to find out. You either tell her, or have it on your mind constantly. Your choice, and I can help you with both. Love is complicated Felix, I know, but those two options are the only ones you have." Adrien explains as he walks towards me. He puts his hands on my shoulders and shakes me. "YOU ARE IN LOVE."

"Ow! Let go of me!" I yell. "ONLY IF YOU SAY IT OUTRIGHT!" He yells back. "FINE! I AM IN LOVE WITH MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG!" I scream.

"Ahem." I hear a voice in the doorway.