Chapter 19 ~ Wrong

song: despair. by leo

*****
marinette pov
*****

"Okay." I tell myself in the mirror. "You kissed him, unaware of what would happen. He's probably so upset right now. You shouldn't have-"

"Woah woah woah. Slow down, Marinette." Tikki says as she pops up from behind the mirror. "You just gotta aim for the best okay?"

She pats my hand with her paw/hand thing. "Just trust me. Everything is fine."

"Are you sure I didn't go too far?" I ask again.

"I'm absolutely sure."

I decide to take her advice.

"Worrying about it will only..."

"...Make the problem worse. I know." I , finishing her sentence.

I sigh, exasperated. Tikki rummages through my closet and brings out a mesh-sleeve top. "What do you think about this for your "date" with Felix?"

I spring upwards. Was he trying to ask me out? I blushed intensely. Why had this just hit me? I cover my face so Tikki doesn't notice my face, but she knows.

"Did you not think that he might have been asking you out?" She asks flying up to my face, still holding the shirt.

"No...no I didn't!" The more I thought about it, the more I blushed. My face was getting really hot, so I drank my water while Tikki went on and on about how ''I should be more attentive to other people's emotions''.

I start to tune her out until another thought comes up in my head. I look towards the umbrella, which I left next to my trapdoor.

I get up to go grab it, but something feels...wrong. My first instinct is to go to the window, but something tells me it isn't safe.

Tikki notices I've been standing still for about 2 minutes and she looks in the same direction.

"What's wrong Marinette?" she asks with a decent amount of worry in her voice.

"Nothing. Just...an uneasy feeling." I reply.
That's odd. Nothing is wrong, it's broad daylight, and all I'm doing is grabbing an umbrella. Something is wrong, but I can't place what it is.

"Whatever." I say again as I grab the umbrella and head downstairs.

*****

⚠️IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!!⚠️

hey guys so i know this wasn't the best chapter- i'm sorry about that

my mental health has been declining by a lot and my grades are slipping so i'm sorry if the next chapters come out slow or are poorly written because there are zero thoughts in my brain right now 😭

anyways now that that's out of the way thank you so much and have a good day/afternoon/night!

-felix 💚