Chapter 18 ~ Huh?

song: grapes by james marriott
(listen now!)

*****
felix pov
*****

My father still isn't back. It's not uncommon, me and Adrien have been left alone at our house with our bodyguard and Nathalie and we've been just fine. There hasn't been a lot of akuma attacks recently.

Ever since Adrien got in the hospital, barely anything has happened.

Right now, I'm trying to finish my math homework. It's jumbling in my head; I hear a knock on my door, and it swings open before I even say come in.

Instead of Nathalie, whom I expected, it was Marinette. She bursts through and makes a beeline for me. She grabs me by my collar and says quietly, but passive-aggressively.

"Why do you have Adrien's ring?"

"What? I-I don't-"

What? Why was she grabbing me by the collar? Why is she asking me that question?

"Why do you have Adrien's ring?!" She asks a little harsher.

"He gave it to me! He gave it to me to hold while he was in the hospital!" I rush. She lets go. She seems a little embarrassed.

"Oh." is all she says.

She looks at me, then my math homework, then looks back at me.

"While your here, mind helping me with my math homework?" I ask. She seems relieved to have a way out of the situation.
**
After we finish the homework, which was filled with laughter (and one tear that I won't tell her about), we both just sit, exhausted.

"Since when was math so tiring?" She asks, still partly laughing.

"I think it's always been that way, you've just never noticed." I tell her, also laughing. I sorta calm down, and just..look at her.

She's beautiful, really. Her eyes are sparkling and her hair is down, her dark hair flowing down her shoulders.

"Marinette?" I start. I don't know what Ion going to say after or where this is headed.

"Yeah?" She turns towards me. Ohhh god. What do I do? What do I say? How do I ask?

"I..." I can't get the words out. "Would you want to meet me by the Seine tomorrow?"

The words tumble out. I immediately regret everything that just happened and everything I said. She looks stunned, and I think i I've ruined everything in this moment. Stupid, stupid, stupid-

"What time?"

I look up startled. "Uhm...is 14:00 (2:00 pm) good?"

She thinks about it, then smiles. "That's perfect! I'll see you tomorrow then!" She says as she stands up and goes towards the door. "Goodbye Marinette." I say as she leaves.

I let out a huge sigh of relief and slump back down.

"Wow kid. Even Adrien couldn't muster that kinda courage." I jump back. "Where the hell did you come from?!" He shrugs. "You tell me." "I give up." I raise one hand in defeat.

"Hey kid, it's raining!" Plagg motions to outside the window. "Oh! It's lovely." I stand up and go to look outside the window. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Marinette standing under the onning of our house. "She doesn't have an umbrella." I say.

"Well what are you gonna do about it?" Plagg asks.

He's right.

I jump up, grab an umbrella from next to my door, and run downstairs as fast as I can.

"Hey!" I yell to the open door. She turns around quickly and spots me running down the last steps. I stop in front of her and hand her the umbrella.

"I-...uh..thought you might need this." I stammer. She takes hold of it, looking at it gratefully. "Thank you Felix."

And then she kisses me on the cheek.

"You're the best." She winks and walks out with my umbrella.

I stand there, dumbfounded. I close the door and slowly, but quietly walk up the stairs.

The minute I get to my room, I sit back down in my chair, and it all washes over me.

"Did she just kiss me?!"

*****
okayyyyy this took way too long 😞
671 WORDS?! that's a lot of work for me

anyways i thank you all for the lovely comments and the appreciation for this story :)

thank you again! have a great day/afternoon/night!

-felix <3