Chapter 13 ~ Differences

song: best friend by rex orange county
(the picture is a hint ;) )

*****
felix pov
*****

He hands the ring to me, but I try to shove it back into his hand. "I can't take this Adrien! You need to be Chat Noir, and I don't even know how the miraculous works!" I argue.

"Plagg will teach you, just..please. Take it, for me." He puts it back in my hand and closes my fingers around it. "Now go, before I change my mind." he rolls back to the other side.

I think about saying something, but I quickly decide against it. I walk out of the room, and outside, the ring gleams in the sunlight. I wonder, 'How does so much power hold inside a single ring?'

Once I get home, my father isn't back yet. That's very confusing, I thought he might be back by now.

Nathalie ended up staying the night with Adrien at the hospital, so it's just me.
I sit down on my leather chair, and put the ring on my ring finger (common sense).

A whooshing sound flies out of the ring, and a miniature cat creature comes out as well.

He yawns, and looks at me, and my room.

"You aren't Adrien." Is the first thing he says.

"Clever observation." I applaud sarcastically. "Adrien is in the hospital, so he gave me his miraculous in hope that I would fulfill his place as Chat Noir."

He looks at me. Dead silence fills the room.

"Your name is Plagg, right?" I ask in hopes of clearing up the void in my ears.

"Yeah. Well, I've got a few questions for you, whatever your name is."

"Felix, but go on." I reply.

"First of all, how do you know his identity?" He gives me a glare that doesn't outwardly affect me, but internally, a chill runs through my system.

"That's easy. I couldn't sleep, so one night I went to his room and saw him jump out of the window as Chat Noir, and I connected the dots." I cross my arms in acceptance.

Plagg looks at me, trying to figure me out. "I know why he's in the hospital, so don't bother filling me in, but do you think you could step in his place as Chat Noir?"

I shrug. "I don't know, I haven't thought about it. I didn't think this would happen."

He glared at me for the fourth time (but who's counting?), and let's out an exasperated sigh.

"Okay kid, just say 'Claws Out'." He seems to lighten his vision on me, so I take that as a good sign. But..on the other hand-

"That sounds ridiculous."

He looks offended and says "Kid, I don't make the rules. I was created, and I didn't get to choose okay?"

He says calmer than I expected. His old sassy self had returned, according to Adriens description of him.

"Fine." I stand up and move away from Plagg, because I don't know how this is gonna look.

"Claws Out?"

Suddenly, Plagg is whooshing back into the ring and it turns a black color with a neon green outline. I am suddenly in a green-black vortex. 'Is this what Adrien goes through everytime he transforms?' I think. A green swirl runs over my body and a leather suit is what takes place. Identical to Adrien's suit, but mine is shinier, the collar is higher and more spread away from my neck, and I have a bigger bell.

Once the whole transformation finishes, I look in the mirror above my desk and realize my hair grew a little longer, and much messier.

"Huh." Is all I say to myself, as I take out the baton and press a singular button.

Immediately, I am flung forwards into the barely sun-lit Paris sky.

*****

HI GUYS!! THANKS FOR 1.38k READS! Also, this chapter came out way quicker than expected. I'm currently in the airport wroting this so i'm going to go now but I hope you enjoy the development to the story :)

-felix <33