Chapter 5 ~ Unexpected Melody

song: the swan by camille saint-saëns
(-finally! please listen to this song throughout this chapter if you can it will make more sense to the story :)-)

*****
marinettes pov
*****

Sitting in detention, I'm alone. It's the end of the day, and no one else is in detention except for me. The classroom is Mme. Bustier's, but I'm being watched by Mme. Mendeleiev. I sit there, doing absolutely nothing. I'm bored out of my mind.

There's not much I can do except sketch, but even that's sending apathy to my brain cells.

At one point Mme. Mendeleiev gets up and goes somewhere. No clue where, but she's gone. This is my chance! I get a Post-It note and write "Went to bathroom" and place it on her desk. I run out, carefully scouting if anyone is outside. Once I realize there's no one out there, I start roaming the hallways looking for something to do.

I walk down the arts hallway and stop in my tracks. A beautiful melody is floating through the air. A sweet violin-piano duet captivates me. The sound is heavenly, a beautiful melody I've never heard anywhere.

I see the sound coming from the orchestra room. I walk in through the long hallway connecting to double doors as an entrance. In the room, there is no teacher, and no students. Only two students were in there.

Felix and Adrien.

I gasp. This was amazing. The connection they have with eachother in the music is, unexplainable. It's-

"Hey Marinette!" Adrien exclaimed, waving his hand. Felix stops playing abruptly and his eyes widen. "Hello, Marinette." he says softly. "Thanks for earlier, by the way." I say as walk up to both of them. Adrien closes the top to the piano and helps Felix out by taking the violin out of his hands and packing it up for him. He had a smirk on his face the entire time.

"I'll tell the bodyguard you're still packing up." Adrien says with a little laugh at the end.

"Don't you-" Felix starts.

"Already done." Adrien finishes.

Adrien walks out leaving Felix, who turns a shade of pink, but his regular color returns after a few seconds. "I didn't know you played the violin!" I start gushing about how beautiful the music sounded and how the two of them played perfect harmonies. He answered a few questions that I asked about orchestra and the instruments.

"Uhm, Marinette?" Felix asks awkwardly as we were walking out. His hands were in his pockets and his face was that shade of pink again. "Yeah Felix?"

"Do you need- uhm- a ride home?" he asks, frantically making a cut-throat motion to Adrien, who seems to be laughing as hard as he can in the car.

"Sure! I don't live to far away though, I'm down the street." I say as I get in the car. It's pretty awkward in the car. Adrien is still giggling and Felix looks like he's holding back slapping him in the face.

Once I get down from the car, Felix rolls the window down and says, "Thanks Marinette. I'll see you tomorrow at school."

My face heats up a little bit as I say, "Yeah, see you toma- uh- tomorrow!" I turn and walk into the bakery. What was that? Face heating up, stuttering...

It must be nothing, I think as I walk back upstairs to my room.

(-phew- writing this chapter as an orchestra kid really was a blast- anyways thanks for reading! :)-)