Chapter 11 ~ Real Nightmare.

song: i can't handle change by roar

*****

felix pov

*****

I don't hear the fighting noises anymore. I unlock the office door and walk outside. The purple fog is multiplied more than when I first saw it. I see two bodies on the ground. Oh no. No, no no. Don't tell me this is real. It's got to be a lie. My mind is messing with me.

I run outside as fast as my legs can take me. I slide to my knees, and I don't care how much it burns. I hold Chat Noir's head, shaking it.
"Wake up. Wake up, Adri- Chat Noir. Please, wake up." I whisper. No response. My heart is racing and my breathing is heavy. "HELP! ANYONE, SOMEONE GET HELP!" I scream as loud as I can.

About 3 minutes later, a voice shouts back saying an ambulance is on the way. I hear groaning next to me and see Ladybug coming around. "Ladybug! You're awake!"

"Was I not awake a few minutes ago..?" She grunts. She looks over at Chat Noir and immediately stop. "Did he get stabbed..?" she asks shakily. "Yes, help is on the way but he isn't responding at all." I explain through my tears.

The ambulance pulls up as soon as Ladybug is able to get to her feet. Paramedics rush out of the vehicle to his side. One checks his pulse and says he isn't dead but we need to take him to the hospital immediately.

I follow them into the ambulance while the second paramedic loads him onto a gurney. I sit on the little bench they have next to where they would place the gurney when they wheel him in. I hear Ladybug yelling, but I don't look outside.

Once Chat Noir is loaded into the ambulance, his ring beeps. The paramedic next to me looks worriedly at his ring and back at me.
"Can you hospitals keep a secret?" I blurt out. She looks surprised but nods. "We know things about people some people won't know for years." She whispers.

His ring beeps repetitively and he de-transforms. Her eyes widen but she keeps a straight face.

She rips off pieces of gauze from a roll on the counter. Carefully, she wraps the gauze around his torso, and puts some drops of a green vial into the wound.

I've never seen Adrien this way. So...lifeless. So pale, so sick, so dull. It hurt to see him this way.

*****

Once we get to the hospital, I realize something. How is Father going to react to Adrien's injury? Surely he'll find out his identity as Chat Noir, but I can't have that happen. I'm going to have to make something up. Like, he tried to save Chat Noir by jumping in the way of the blade, or something of that nature. I tell the paramedic this as she starts wheeling him out into the hospital.

She understands, thankfully, and promises to keep it a secret. After other doctors take Adrien in, I pull the paramedic aside before she leaves.
"Thank you, for all you've done for us." She shakes my hand, and says, "No. It's you I should be thanking."
"What?" I ask, confused. With that, she walked back to the ambulance. Still confused, I turn towards the hospital doors and run to see where they've kept Adrien.

(a/n: THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!!! IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH THE STORY!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!)