Chapter 12 ~ Side Effects

song: i'd rather sleep by kero kero bonito

*****
adrien pov
*****

I open my eyes to see white. Lots of white.
"Mr. Agreste, can you hear me?"

"Yes, I can hear you...is that you Nathalie?" I ask.
"No, sir. You're in the hospital."

A doctor enters my field of vision, and I'm on a gurney. The movement starts to mess with my head. A pounding headache, and a stab wound. What an amazing combo.

"Wait. Where's Felix?" I ask the doctor.
"He rode with you on the way to the hospital, but we might have lost him when we started moving you to a room."
"Oh. Please find him as soon as you can, and send him over here." I mumble.

The doctor nods as another doctor comes for them both to transfer me onto the hospital bed. I sorta flop on there, and my wound feels like someone poured lemon juice
into it. I grimace, but the pain seems to slowly deter away. The next thing I know, all I see is black.

*****

Someone turns on a light. I flinch, but I open my eyes only to see I am in a white empty room. I'm not in the hospital anymore? I look down and see my wound is gone. Huh, that's pretty cool. I look back up and someone's standing across the way.

My mother.

I gasp and my eyes start filling with tears. "Mother?" I carefully step forward. She looks at me, smiles, and opens her arms. My steps are slow at first, and then start speeding up. Once I reach her, I hesitate.

"Are you real?" I stammer. She hugs me, and I hug her back. She doesn't respond to my question, but she responds.

"Wake up."

I open my eyes, and I'm no longer in the white room. Felix is shaking me, saying repeatedly, "Wake up, wake up, Adrien. You were dreaming."

I look at him and make a decision. I take off my ring and put it in his hand.
"Felix, I can't be Chat Noir while I'm like this. I need you to stand in for me, for what may be the last time."

"No..Adrien please don't say that, you will get better and-" I cut him off. "Felix. Not right now. You need to do this. For me." I hesitate, then sigh.

"I need you to cover me one last time."

(a/n: OH MY GOD CHAPTER 12 IS FINALLY OUT!!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR 1.22k READS!!)