Chapter 25: Shoto vs Katsuki

Y/N was in the Infirmary he started to blink a bit then he got up.

Recovery Girl: Your up. It's good to see that your awake.

Y/N then growns.

Recovery Girl: I have to say that match you had was really intense. It could have gone either way.

Y/N: Yeah. I understand why I lost tho.

Recovery Girl: Huh.

Y/N: When I used my dragon element I felt something. And at first I didn't understand but now I do. Since I've neglected to use the dragon element it has made my other elements weaker so I didn't have enough strength to defeat him.

Y/N then holds up his hand and balls it up.

Y/N: But now my elements are balanced. But I need to get stronger. If I wish to be part of the best.

Recovery Girl smiled then nodded.

The door opens to reveal his brother Shoto Todoroki.

Y/N: Shoto.

Shoto: Y/N. Recovery Girl is it ok.

Recovery Girl: Of course.

Shoto then grabbed a seat put it near Y/N and sat next to him.

Shoto: I... I still can't believe you used your dragon element.

Y/N: Yeah well I wasn't planning on using it but then I found out why I've lost control all the time. And now I'm more confident on using it now.

Shoto looked at Y/N for a bit.

Y/N: When Katsuki was talking about me protecting people I realized that When ever my Dragon element would go out of control it was because I was protecting someone. When ever I hold by dragon element would go crazy like a wild animal until it would be unleashed. But now since I stopped holding back. I have full control of the dragon element. But I still have a long journey. Because I rejected this power for so long. The other elements have gotten weaker. So I have to get stronger. So be part of the very best.

Shoto smiled.

Shoto: Y/N.

Y/N looked at Shoto.

Shoto: I'm... I'm so proud of you.

Y/N gasped a little but then smiled.

Y/N: Thanks.

Shoto: After this I'm going to pay... Mother a visit.

Y/N: Really?

Shoto: Yeah.

Y/N: Well I'm glad to hear it.

Shoto: Yeah it's a shame that you can't come with me... Perhaps I could—

Y/N: No. You shouldn't.

Shoto: But—

Y/N: I know. But I don't want to risk you getting in trouble. So I'll find a way to visit her but until then. I'll give her a letter.

Shoto stared at Y/N for a bit but then nodded.

Y/N: Hey Shoto... Good luck in your match.

Shoto: Thanks.

He then walks off Y/N groans from the pain.

Recovery Girl: Try not to move so much. I still need to bandage you up.

Y/N: Right. I hope I'll get to see my brother's battle in time.

Mini timeskip Y/N was back as he walked towards his friends.

Tenya: Y/N your back! It's good to see that your alright.

Ochako: You were amazing out there! You were like bam and pow!

Y/N chuckles as he takes his seat.

Izuku: I can't believe you used your dragon element.

Y/N: Yeah. Even tho I lost. I finally used my dragon element. But I have a long journey ahead of me. I need to get stronger if I want to be a good hero.

Ochako: Yeah we all do. So you won't be alone.

Y/N looked at Ochako and then everyone else and smiled.

Y/N: Yeah.

Present Mic: Welcome to the final battle of the sports festival! In just a moment here we'll see which first year comes out on top! Yes it all comes down to this folks! From the hero course Shoto Todoroki! Versus his classmate Katsuki Bakugo.

Y/N watch closely knowing this battle could go either way.

Present Mic: Now Begin!

Shoto starts off by firing a huge wave of ice Katsuki responds by destroying the ice coming at him with a flurry of Explosions.

Katsuki: Damnit!

Katsuki's was completely barred in ice but then there was muffled but loud explosions. He finally breaks out of the ice.

Y/N: He tunneled his way out of the ice.

Hanta: Yeah like some type of mole man.

Denki: These two are crazy.

Katsuki: You have a pretty powerful quirk. But your a bad aim.

Katsuki flys towards Shoto with his explosions and when Shoto try's to grab him Katsuki was able to dodge to the left.

Katsuki: Try harder!

Katsuki then grabs Shoto and throws him across the ring but Shoto then makes a ice slide to slide on the ice Katsuki jumps towards Shoto but Shoto dodges the attack and grabs his arm.

Endeavor: Use your left side do it Shoto!

Shoto then throws Katsuki's which he lands on his feet.

Katsuki: Stop screwing around. What do you think I'm not worthy of your fire. You bastard! I'll tell you what'll happen if you make a fool outta me. I'll kill you! I don't want there to be any doubt that I'm the best student at the festival. That's only possible if you can come at me as hard as you can. There's no point if you're not going to fight me with the same power you use against Deku. And your brother was able to go all out against me so why can't you?! If you don't wanna win this why are even here?!

Katsuki charges towards Shoto. Shoto with unsure look on his face.

Katsuki's: Show everyone your trying to destroy me!

Y/N: *Thinking* Please Shoto. Don't let the pass hold you back. Show the world your true powers

Izuku: Come on Shoto! Don't give up do your best!

Katsuki: That stupid nerd.

Katsuki then blast himself into the air as Shoto body began to steam and the ice from his right side begins to melt then fire started to come out of his left side of his face Katsuki's then started to spin a bit with his explosions. As Shoto was ready to shoot his fire at Katsuki he starts to remember all the bad things that made him reject his fire quirk.

Katsuki: Howitzer Impact!

He then fires a huge explosion that destroyed all the ice the smoke clears Shoto was out of bounds and Katsuki was still in the ring but had a face of disbelief but then changed to a face of anger.

Katsuki: Huh. You decided not to use your fire?

Katsuki then gets up walking towards Shoto.

Katsuki: Hey... Hey!

He then runs towards Shoto and grabs him by the collar.

Katsuki: You stop messing around! This isn't a real win for me unless you try harder! It can't end this way! Now get up!

A pink smoke then covers the ring as Katsuki is now unconscious.

Midnight: Shoto is out of bounds. That means... Katsuki is the winner!

Present Mic: And with that the final match is officially over! The first year champion of the sports festival is... Katsuki Bakugo.