𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘦

KLAUS IS TRYING TO APOLOGIZE TO ELIJAH FOR DAGGERING HIM AND SENDING HIM TO THE ENEMY IN THE ONLY WAY HE KNOWS POSSIBLE

KLAUS IS TRYING TO APOLOGIZE TO ELIJAH FOR DAGGERING HIM AND SENDING HIM TO THE ENEMY IN THE ONLY WAY HE KNOWS POSSIBLE. I do have to say, I am a tad repulsed.

Rebekah and I walked into the living room this morning to see them both reading a book on opposite sides of the table. On the table laid a dead woman who had obviously been fed from. Rebekah and I shared a confused glance before facing to two men.

"So, this is what you do the first time we're back together as a family- vampire book club." Rebekah huffed.

"Reading edifies the mind, sister. Isn't that right, Elijah?" Klaus asked.

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus." Elijah replied, not looking up from his page.

"And what's this business?" I asked, gesturing to the elephant in the room.

"This is a peace offering." Elijah replied.

"I presumed after so long desiccating in a coffin that my big brother might be a bit peckish." Klaus replied.

"So I explained to my little brother that forgiveness cannot be bought. I'd simply prefer to see a change in behavior that indicated contrition and personal growth, not this nonsense." Elijah said, looking up for a single second when he flipped the page.

"I couldn't very well let her go to waste, could I?" Klaus asked. I wish he did.

Rebekah sighed. "Well, I suppose I'll fetch the rubbish bin because she's staining a 200-year old carpet."

With that, she left the room and I went into the kitchen. That's where I found Hayley digging for breakfast. She's starting to show a lot more. My baby is growing.

Elijah was looking through his mother's grimoire.

"Oo, what's that?" I asked him as he took a spell out of it.

"An unlinking spell I'm giving Davina. I promised her I would help her control her magic. Why not start with this?" He asked.

"Sophie said she used a different spell." I argued.

"They're all the same, August. She tried to trick you." He replied. That wench.

"Let me do it, then. If it's been that easy this entire time, why the hell not?" I shrugged and took the paper.

I read the spell and chanted.

"Phasmatos omnio ligor coldate sangorium... Phasmatos omnio ligata soluto... Phasmatos omnio ligata soluto vingulia cordit."

I felt nothing. No power. I tried it again and the same thing happened. That's odd.

I lit a candle with my mind to make sure my magic wasn't gone. Then it hit me.