𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘦

a/n: it's time to fuck shit up

TIMES ARE GETTING TRYING. Hayley is nearing the end of the pregnancy and her and I are both feeling it. Because of this, Klaus doesn't want either of us out of his or Elijah's sight.

Father Kieran has passed and I feel awful for Cami. He was her last living relative. I assured her she will always have a home with us, no matter what Klaus protests. I've been in her place before and it's lonely.

Klaus and I are trying to get sleep. I've been growing irritable and moody with everything. The hormones are taking over.

All of the sudden, Klaus awoke with a start. It had to have been three in the morning. I sprung up and looked over to him. We can never be too careful these days.

"What happened?" I asked him frantically.

He looked over at me and shook his head. "It's nothing. Go back to sleep, love."

I gave him a look that said I wasn't doing anything until he told me the truth. "Nik, what's wrong?" I asked him and grabbed his hand.

He sighed. "I'm afraid. I-I am just terrified someone is going to hurt our baby. Dreams don't normally get to me but...Mikael was in it a-and our little girl was in a casket-" He went on but I cut him off by grabbing his face.

"Look at me." I started with. His eyes shifted to look in mine. "Nothing is going to happen to her. I won't let it. You won't let. She has a whole army of original vampires who love her in her corner. No one will hurt her." I assured him.

These thoughts have had me lying awake for hours. The feeling that I'll never been strong enough to protect my daughter haunts me, but I know she has so many people who will fight for her.

He slowly nodded.

"And if Mikael rises from the dead, I promise you, I will kill him with my own bare hands. I love you, Nik. Let's get some sleep, okay? We never know what tomorrow will bring." I let out.

He nodded and placed a soft kiss on my lips. The two of us laid back down, clinging to one another.

Morning rolled around and we were all ready to go to Father Kieran's wake. I'm going to support Cami. My heart truly breaks for her. Especially, since he died in such a brutal way. The hex deteriorated him from the inside out.

Klaus and I sat at a booth with Cami. Klaus brought his moodiness to the wake. Cami picked up on it.

"I'm in a crap mood because my uncle just died and people are partying like it's Mardi Gras. August is in a crap mood because she's linked to a hormonal, 9-month pregnant werewolf carrying her child. What's your excuse?" She grilled Klaus.

She had a point. This really isn't the place to be soaked up in personal bullshit, but I know how much the thought of his father terrifies him. I think he's the only person that truly scares Klaus.