𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦

KLAUS IS IN RARE FORM

KLAUS IS IN RARE FORM. He's vengeful, which isn't rare, but his attitude is. He hasn't acted like this in a long time.

Rebekah and I sat at the table for breakfast this morning. Klaus was squeezing a persons' wrist for blood. We're down two people currently. Elijah is still reeling from the bite and Hayley is by his side.

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asked his sister.

"No. Should I have?" She replied.

"Well, he's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me, some might say. I thought, perhaps, he may have whispered reasons into your ear, along with all of those sweet nothings." Klaus replied. I hate when he acts like he's the only one allowed to be in love.

Rebekah has been off too. I think she's planning something. I just watched the interaction carefully. "If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you."

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. 'My saintly, noble brother lies writhing in agony in the bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain'." Klaus mocked. I shook my head in defeat. This is family business. Sibling business, to be specific. I don't need to intervene, as much as I would like to.

"On the contrary, Nik. I am simply enjoying my brekkie waiting for Elijah's healthy return." Rebekah shrugged.

"Oh, come on, Rebekah. You've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it." Klaus urged. To be fair, I've been quiet with him since he bit his brother. I still don't agree with it but sometimes it's like talking to wall with him.

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth." Rebekah revealed. I think that's a valid concern.

Klaus hit the table and then pointed at her. "Poppycock. I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions toward our child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

There is no winning with him, I fear.

"Nik, seriously?" I huffed at him.

Rebekah just stared at him for a moment before standing up. "There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She spoke and walked off. Before she made it out the door, she turned around and looked at me. "You're too good for him, August. Get out while you can."

With that, she walked out the door and left Klaus and I sitting together at breakfast. It was silent for a bit. I quietly ate my food. Klaus did the same, but he had a grim, almost guilty look on his face.

When I was finished, I set my napkin down and went for the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked me. It wasn't a demand. Just a genuine curiosity.