𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺

THE CHURCH IS REOPENING TODAY AND TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT, KLAUS SAID IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GO

THE CHURCH IS REOPENING TODAY AND TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT, KLAUS SAID IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO GO. Only him, Marcel and I came. Personally, I was going to support Cami. Her life has turned upside down the moment we blew into town. I feel bad.

Father Kieran stood up front, expressing his gratitude. "Thank you all for coming. It means more than I can tell you. We gather today for the first public service of our newly reopened church. St. Anne's can finally once again be the heart of our community where we can congregate as a people united. Here, this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic." He went on.

I stopped listening when I saw Marcel look over the pew's like he saw a ghost. I caught on before Klaus did. "Everything okay?" I asked him.

He just nodded.

"Then pay attention. We're meant to seem like devoted parishioners." Klaus let out. He took my hand in his and intertwined our fingers.

"....And with the help of many benefactors that allows us to be here today. So we gather with renewed spirit, made stronger, committed to the ideals of peace and love. Amen."

"Amen." We all repeated. I'm not too religious. How can I be when I've seen all that I have? I used to go to church when Aunt Miranda and Uncle Grayson were still here. I never really paid attention but it was important to them.

When the service was all done and the people started filing out, we went to speak with Father Kieran.

"Lovely sermon this morning, father. Quite inspirational." Klaus spoke. His hand was on the small of my back. He's awfully touchy today. I don't mind.

"I wasn't expecting you to join us." Kieran spoke honestly.

"Oh, we were hoping for some word from your human sources on the recent Hatian invasion." Klaus added.

"My guys have their ears to the ground and no one has seen or heard any sign of whatever his name is." He replied.

"He's called Papa Tunde. And right now he's wandering the corridor with the power he absorbed from every soul I had buried in The Garden, so you might want to put your ear a little closer to the ground." Marcel spoke, a bit harshly.

I sighed. "He meant that with a please at the end."

Kieran just nodded and looked back at the two men. "Or I could just steer clear of whatever war is brewing between your kind and his. Before I find myself-" He started but was cut off by Cami.

"I wanted to congratulate you on getting the church up and running. I can see this is a bad time. Nice to see you, Marcel, Klaus. Hope to see you soon, August." She snipped before walking away.

With that, Klaus got a phone call. His eyes fell and we were on our way back to the compound for what Diego called a 'special delivery'.

When we got there, I was not expecting to see Papa Tunde's dead body on display in the middle of the room. His throat was slit and his body was laid in the drawn out symbol the other bodies were found in. Either the problem is solved or everything just went to shit. I'm going with the second option.