Third

CW//cursing, a lil scary content
-I haven't proofread it yet:(
————————————————

Third;
"Lost, again."

I sighed while sitting down. I put the towel down beside me and stared at the window. I just finished taking a bath and here I am in my bed. I was spacing out since earlier. Did he just... left me there? I mean, dude! He brought me there then left me? Good thing I found my bodyguard near a lamppost, eating ice cream.

I almost lost my head out there. I thought I can't go home anymore. I sighed and kept my towel. I stepped down the stairs to eat dinner. Nana Wendy already called me earlier. "Darling, are you alright? You looked flustered?" She asked while putting my utensils and table napkins on their places.

"Hmm..." I hummed and started eating. He didn't return to see if I was there. He just... left. "Nana, have you ever been so scared in your entire life?" I asked her while chewing my food. Her eyes widen on my sudden action and question.

I gulped my food and chugged on my water before asking her again. "Sorry. But really, how does that feel?" I looked into her eyes. She smiled at me worriedly.

"Why are you asking, dear? You were never scared because there is someone who always look after you. Your bodyguards." I looked down on my food and never asked again. That was kinda tough. I thought while poking the piece of meat using my fork and continued eating. "Hmm... but to answer your question. I had been. It feels like you were lost. You were so nervous that you started shaking, can't breath properly, and hears nothing. Your throat gets dry and your heart rapidly beats. And for a while, you thought you were limp." I gulped while listening to her.

T-then I guess, I've been so s-scared in my life.

I sighed and nodded. "That was years ago. When I thought my daughter was lost in the shore. I kept overthinking that time, what would've happen to her." She smiled at me and looked directly to my eyes.

I was the one lost. And I felt what she felt. Sunghoon left me there. Would have he felt what nana felt when she thought she lost her daughter? Was he guilty for leaving me there?

I guess not. Because if he was, he would look for me. If he was, he would come here and check if I was home already. And care for me. But what do I expect? We're not close. We barely even know each other. And besides, he's Park Sunghoon y'all.

"Where did you find her? How long?" I asked curiously. She said, that was years ago, when did she find her, and how?

"I found her near the boats. I lost her at 3 in the afternoon and found her near 4." She replied and looked away from me to take my plates since I was done.

"Really? How was she that time? Wait, how was she today? I mean, where is she now?" I asked again. Curiosity, eating me up. Since she walked to the kitchen, I followed her. She'll be busy so I'll just tail her back.

"She's... she's fine. Really fine. That day... near the boats, I found her floating." She replied in a low tone but enough for me to hear.

"Huh?" Confused, I rested my back at the counter. She turned to me and smiled sadly. W-what...

"She died that day. I was too late. She's fine now. No pain." I covered my mouth with my palm, shocked with that. I never knew this from her before. Was this the reason why she looked after me carefully? Was this the reason why she cared for me so much? Was she guilty that she can't take care of her daughter? I suddenly felt guilty for being stubborn before...