Twenty First

————————————————

Twenty First;
"Bond."

Upon entering the tall building of my father's company, I exhaled deep. "What could my father's business with me.." I whispered to my self and pressed the CEO's office floor on the elevator.

I knocked on his door first before entering, "Father?" I called out and he looked up to me, smiling a little— nah, he frowned after a millisecond.

But I swear I just saw him smiled!

"Come, Kyra.. do sit here." He said, gesturing the couch so I did. "I've noticed your past behavior these days, and I'm concerned about you.." I looked up to him and almost smiled, if only those were the only things he said. "...not getting the top ranking in your class." He continued, voice stern.

I bit my lips, "I have been studying hard, Father-" I started only to be interrupted.

"Dad." I blinked... "Call be Dad." He corrected.

"D-dad... I never neglected my studies. M-maybe it was just because I got a breather from those bodyguards y-you had around me that made me move and behave like I was... a different person, but rest assured, I will top my class."

My very own father only nodded and hummed, not looking at me though, but yeah. And that was why I found it weird. Normally my father would react even in the slightest bit of my actions.

He noticed my behavior... but didn't say anything about it.

"Okay. But anyway, can you wait for a bit? I'm almost finished here.." He asked, standing up, coming back to his desk.

"Yes, Fa- Dad..."

...

I bit my lips and stared outside the car window. It was a pretty day and the sun wasn't scorching hot. "The weather is nice, don't you think?" I looked beside me and nodded at Dad who was in the driver's seat.

We were on his car, on our way to god-and-dad-knows-where while he's driving.

Would you ever believe me if I say that this is the first time I am in the shotgun seat with my father as the driver? Never in my life had I experienced (or even thought of) being in the same car as my father while he drove.

I know he can drive but I never saw him doing so, until today. I don't know what's gotten into him these days, especially now.

It felt weird. Yet... it felt utterly good.

This will be the first time in history that I would get to spend my day with my dad, not because he thought of me as the heiress, but because he thought of me as his daughter.

"What are you waiting for? Come!" He knocked on my window from the outside, waking me up from my daydream. I quickly removed my seatbelt and followed him to a fancy Russian Restaurant.

On normal days, he would just order for two himself or he'd order beforehand. But this time, he actually gave me the menu. Giving me freedom to order for myself.

I smiled.

...

We ate in silence in the first ten minutes. Until he broke that silence, "How was that boy, Sunghoon?" He asked, sipping from his glass of water. I was about to put my utensils down to answer but he signaled me to keep slicing my well cooked steak.