Thirteenth

CW//cursing, contains messages or / and replies
————————————————

Thirteenth;
"Avoiding Reasons."

I laughed, in an unsure way. "Hello, dad..." I replied. He sighed deeply and leaned on the railings. He was quiet then. He did not say anything after the greeting, Just that.

The following days were hell. Midterms is near and everybody was busy as hell. As (the new) usual, I was always with Vera. No Jay, nor Sunghoon around me. They would literally avoid me.

"Crazy bitch! Give that to me! I worked hard for that!" Vera yelled but I just stuck my tongue out, still dancing with her project. "I am not joking right now, Kyra Gu! Give 'em back!" I still laughed but eventually gave it to her later.

Jay was so distant. So so distant. And the other day, I saw him with a girl. I was envious. I was jealous. But what can I do? I don't know the reason. Or am I just oblivious just like Vera told me? Was I?

"You're really dense... so- oblivious!" She said while shaking her head. I just pouted and replied, "Why so mean? I don't know okay?! Does he... not like me as a friend anymore? Even just a friend?" She laughed sarcastically, I pouted more.

After midterms, Sunghoon finally approached me. "Hey wanna eat lunch together?" My eyes sparkled. "Really?!" I asked back with puppy eyes. He just laughed and patted my head, then we ate out snacks. I was told that Vera was sick so we're (Sunghoon and I) together now.

"Ky! Canteen?" I nodded and grabbed his arms. "Let's go, Sunghoonie!" He looked at me weirdly. "It's a new nickname." I winked while saying that and finally grabbed him to the cafeteria.

When we came back to the classroom, we talked. He shared his experiences in figure skating and telling me stories about his trainings. I just listened since I have nothing to share that's interesting. My life's boring until they came.

I also didn't ask about why he avoided me, I just enjoyed the moment. Because I know that once Vera is back on school, he'll avoid me again. Or so I thought?

"Cupcake, I'm back!" I jolted at the sudden voice behind me and saw her with her bag and some books on her arm. "Oh my god!" I jumped and hugged her. "H-hey... choking, not breathing!" I laughed and let go of the hug. "Sorry, got excited..." I stated and helped her with her books. "Hello!"

"Macarena! Why are you coming out all of the sudden?!" I yelled at Sunghoon but quickly fixed my posture when I earned gazes and he— they laughed at me. I glared at both Sunghoon and Vera. "Oops... my bad." I rolled my eyes at that.

In the past few days, the three of us got closer and then... we just hang out with each other. Vera being the loud girl, Sunghoon the mysterious but, BUT a tease, and me, just me.

"Yah! Bitchie, gimme that!" She grabbed my bag of chips and started munching, not sharing it with me anymore (when I was the one to bought it). "Where's the school's self proclaimed visual?" She asked and turned her head on me, while I was cleaning the cheesy powders from my fingers. "I don't know. He didn't inform me if he's not attending classes today..." I replied and went on my seat. She just pouted and sat on her seat too.

Sunghoon has been extra hardworking and focused on his figure skating these days. He said that he wanted to win the competition. I don't know if he has something to prove to himself or to anyone but I see that he's really serious with this one.