Seventh

I'M REALLY SORRY IF I KEPT ANYONE WAITING😭😭 I FORGOT TO UPDATE THIS ONE AFTER 'sixth' IT SLIPPED MY MIND (and i had other stuffs to do // also, the internet here sucks)😭😭 ANYWAYS IT'S HERE NOW ENJOY Y'ALL

CW//cursing
(Should I just not add this warning? I mean, it's always there... ㅋㅋㅎㅎㅎ)
————————————————

Seventh;
"Suspicious."

"U-Uhmm, Vera..." I looked at her, nervous. "Why are you here at this hour?" Jay distanced himself from us. "And why did you bought these things?" He looked at my purchases. "Well, umm I needed it. And I'm on my way home. Why do you ask?" I looked at her confusingly. I mean, why would she ask such things? We're not that close... I just talked to her earlier because I saw her walking to our classroom. I was even confused when she asked me before if I wanted company to the restroom.

"Uh hehe, I work here. I just wondered since I always saw you with your bodyguards..." I scratched my head a little and looked at Jay out there. "Are you a cashier here?" She shook her head and replied, "No... I'm assigned in the stockroom today." She smiled and eventually left after saying she got to go.

"That girl is kind of familiar." Jay said, approaching me. We- he payed for the stuffs we bought and we walked to a near benches to treat his wounds. I don't want to treat him in the convenience store, 85% of getting someone to see us and report to my dad. Everything will be so fvcked up.

"Thank you." I said and finally patched the elephant designed band-aid on his knuckles. "Let's get you home... it's almost 8:20." He remarked so I nodded. Then the realization hits me. I better run.

"Oh shit! We better go. Now." I grabbed his wrist and ran with him who was still puzzled. "I'm late!" I inserted while running so he ran faster with me.

I stopped a few meters from my house. "You better go, Jay. I'll take it from here..." he nodded and examined me. "Don't worry, I just need to rest. Please don't disclose this to anyone..." he nodded and patted my shoulders before walking away. "Goodnight! T-thank you again..." I said as he turned his head to my direction. He waved a little and a soft chuckle can be heard. "Thank you too! For treating my wound, and goodnight!" I nodded and walked towards my house, a little slow.

"Umm, is Mr. Hye here?" The guards in our gate immediately opened the gates. "We were worried about you, Ms. Gu... where have you been?" 67 asked while checking on me. I avoided him, "It's fine now. I'm home, safe and sound. I'll head inside. And tell them to prepare carrot soup." I commanded and head straight to my room.

While on the shower, I checked my legs and arms if I had scratches or bruises and thankfully, there was none. I really owe Jay a lot.

And as for that jerk— I don't want to mention his name— the deal is off. I don't owe him anymore since he just left me there. Without updates or more. Argh!

I ate my dinner, alone again, yet peacefully. I got to charge my phone earlier and saw Sunghoon's deleted texts. I rolled my eyes at it and didn't bother anymore. His only text that was visible (not deleted) was 'Are you there?' I mean... what an asshole, right?! I hate this.

I wanted to think that he had personal reasons or he had emergency and much more but he should've told me beforehand. Surely he won't be busy all day. The more I think about him having invalid excuses, the more I get upset. I was freakin scared earlier and hoped he was there. I hoped that he was there to save me, but he never came.