Twenty Third

————————————————

Twenty Third;
"Cards."

"Are you okay, Ky?" Asked Jay as soon as we entered the subway back home. I smiled at him but I furrowed my brows, asking him why with my eyes. "You went quiet after we left." I laughed.

"No, I'm fine.. I'm just happy." Too happy right now that I'm afraid of what's the exchange for this...

I answered him and he smiled, hugging me on the side. "Me too. It's been a while since I've visited her and a lot has changed..." He started to tell what was his experiences with her before while I adore his cute little face, imagining what my life would be without him.

We've returned in the city but he didn't took me home yet. We went to a park. The very same park where he saved me from those assh- to rephrase it nicely, those people who tried to harass me.

It was a little crowded but the park was big so we still had a spot. He went to a public locker, the one where you pay to use, it was very convenient actually. Anyway, It shocked me when I saw him took out a blanket and a basket.

He already prepped everything for this date, as it seems. "What are you doing there? Come here, let's sit!" He asked me as I was just standing on the side watching him, too shocked to move.

Later on I smiled, and let him pull me beside him. The afternoon sun was out while we were under a tree.

Call us cliché but he's lying on my lap as I admire the view that surrounds us, munching some snacks (that he prepared beforehand), and leaning at the tree. While he, as the cliché person he is, reads a novel from an underrated author named, Robert Walser, The author's perfect novel 'Jakob Von Gunten'.

"Can I use some cards?" He asked later on, putting his book down. I looked at him and he had this stupidly handsome smile displayed.

"What card?"

"Can we pretty please rent a dog for an hour? I saw this dog renting shop nearby and it only costs a hundred won, pretty pretty please!" He looked at me with puppy eyes, already holding a Free Wish Card out in his hand.

He knows very well that I won't allow it since I'm afraid of taking care of dogs. I got traumatized when I saw how Jungwon bawled his eyes out before when his first dog died. And so, he used his card, literally.

I rolled my eyes and, "Fine." said, standing up after he did and we went to that nearby shop which was apparently only a minute walk.

"For heaven's sake, he's so cute!" He actorly giggled when he had the puppy wrapped on his arms. I chuckled dearly and followed him out.

The leash was also part of the rent but the treat wasn't so we had to buy some and finally we went back to our blanket which was fortunately left untouched.

"Let's take a photo!" He excitedly said and handed me the leash so that the pup won't run. I reluctantly looked at it but took it anyway. He then grabbed his cellphone to take a picture. "Come here!" He patted his side so I went there, while he pulled the leash to settle the pup on his thighs.

We took pictures and did some silly poses with our rented pup. "Can you pretty please allow me to take it to a walk around? I'll be quick, I promise!" He said, even raising his hands, signing the 'promise' pose but in between his fingers was a familiar yellow colored paper.

"You sneaky little..." I was a bit irritated by his tactics but I reprimanded myself that I was the one to give him that Yes Card, and he's using it on me so damn well.

A mischief!

I rolled my eyes, not having a choice from this idiotic man. My idiotic man. Later sighing, I followed with my vision where he's at and there I saw how he care-freely smiled while chasing the pup's tracks, though they're connected through the thick, bluish leash.

He was smiling all over, happiness was evidently displayed on his insanely gorgeous face. His hair was a bit wet with the sweat he's earned since earlier and so does his shirt, sticking on his back like a sticker to a piece of plastic.

Either way, he looked at peace. He looked content and so happy. Makes me think that even if the toughest typhoon strikes him, he's be able to come out just fine, with that smile alone. Because his smile was the most precious thing in the world, a kind of smile that would brighten your day once you get a view of it.

His smile was something I could stare up until forever without getting bored of it.

His eyes found mine and he smiled more brightly, waving his free hand as the other was holding the animal's leash. "Hey miss, are you single?" Asked he jokingly after he came back with the pup, now on his arms.

I chuckled and shook my head, "I'm sorry but I already have a boyfriend named Park Jeongsong." I answered and started to grab some towels from the basket to hand it to him.

"What a great coincidence! My name's Park Jeongsong! Am I your boyfriend then?" He beamed out, obviously trying to outwit me with his lame joke, which he was kinda failing at. I quirked my brows at him, making him laugh even more whose wiping his sweats.

I cradled the puppy to my side, gently stroking it's furry strands while my other half was busy drying himself out from the sweats he just released. "Daddy's gonna change for a while, little one. Have fun with Mommy, okay?" He baby talked the pup and chuckled before going to the public bathroom to change.

I rolled my eyes at his cringe-ness but deep down, my heart was far from calm. Damn that Park Jeongsong guy for making me feel giddy.

Why is he so good with baby-talking?! How come I didn't know this until now?!!

I don't really know how the future goes but I know that Jeongsong will be a good father of his own. He's a caring person, a sweet-tongued comedian. And you can absolutely see the sincerity on his eyes in everything he does, a dreamy person.

He's amiable and a persistent person. I don't know how to describe him more. He's just the most ideal person ever living. And I'm so proud having him as my boyfriend.

"Having fun?" He appeared not more than five minutes later, catching me playing with the small pup in tiny because I don't wanna sweat.

He sat beside me and played with the pup too. "Hey Ky, I have a question..." He later stated, turning all smiley all of the sudden, "What are your thoughts about the future?" He asked.

As if infected by him, I too, turned all smiley. Imagining the future. My future with him.

"Well..." I started, continuing to brush the creamy fur of the pup. "As cringy as it sounds, I thought about a future with you..." I curved my lips upward and looked into his mesmerizing eyes.

He also did the same, and with the pup's little woof, he said these words; "Me too..."

—————————

tadaaaaaaa! anyway, keep scrolling, got another one down there ;)))