CHAPTER 7

We decided to make our way back to the palace and I listened to the ladies chatter about birds.

We were getting close at the entrance of the Western Palace when I remembered that that bastard is waiting for me in my office.

Shit...

If I come in there and he sees me,he'd tell me about the lady-in-waiting issue and order me to look for one personally

I feel bad for my empress when she accepted that task.

The audacity of that Cunt.He knows my empress has a lot of pride and yet he made her go through that?!Looking for someone to work for a mistress personally?!What a thick faced asshole.

Well I'm not gonna let myself go through that.

I stopped myself and my ladies-in-waiting from entering the Western Palace.

I need to come up of an excuse to avoid that asshole.

We just have to go somewhere where we won't be seen or do something that looks like it cannot be disturbed.

I need something...

"Your majesty,what's wrong?"

"Are we not going inside?"

"I...suddenly remembered there's some books i need to acquire.I have to get them before I go back to the Western palace"

The ladies looked at each other in confusion and just shrugged

"Well your majesty has been using lots of books this past few days"

"Well,if you really need it now then shall we go to the library to get them your majesty?"

"Yes,we shall all go there now so I can choose the ones I want myself"

It's true that I've been using a lot of books these days as I do need them as my guide to do my empress's work.This excuse will not be questionable to those who are always around me this days.

We went into the library and the place was huge.I used to only ask the servants or ladies-in-waiting to get the books but now that I'm here myself,I have no idea where to begin.

"Your majesty,what books are you looking for?"

"Oh...books about history,the Eastern Empires government and court and...political books"

"But haven't you read such books growing up your majesty?"

"I want to read them again as to improve
my abilities "

"I understand your majesty.We know you are always thinking of the Empire"

"Yes.So please let us find the books for you"

I nodded and I sat at one of the couch in the library.

It doesn't really matter which books it is as long as it's related to my empress's work.

Hopefully they bring me the books my empress used when she was still learning.I need to acquire as much knowledge as possible to perform better.Im doing all this to make my empress proud and not disappoint her.

Well maybe make up for her disappointment on me.

I'm about to do so much more in the future that I know she will be disappointed on so I have to make up for it as much as possible.

We should probably stay here till late to make sure we don't get to meet that prick

He'd probably leave if he sees we won't be there till evening.

We'll just stay here until dinner.

By then I'm sure the jackass would have given up and left the Western palace.

But with how serious their taking the lady-in-waiting matter, he'd probably come see me tomorrow where I'm definitely in my office.

Well I can't avoid him forever.

But I can make him stop himself from giving me that task and voluntarily leave me alone