CHAPTER 22

Havent he had enough?

Geez...

What will be of this empire with this man-child as it's Emperor?

Honestly,my Empress is literally the one keeping the Empire running in the first place

"I was too harsh on you when we last spoke"

No shit

"I shouldn't have blamed you for what Viscount Lotteshu did.I was blinded by anger.Im sorry"

I turned around and looked at him with unwavered eyes

"So it takes you around three days to realize your mistakes and to come back to your senses?Do I have to take note of that,your majesty?"

"Empress,please..."

"An apology won't fix what you did."

Why does this man child even try with me?Can't he see he can't beat me in any argument?

The audacity...

I turned around again to leave because I was tired of this

"Empress wait...I want to make it up to you"

But the bastard called out to me once more. I stopped on my track and turned back

"How?"

He approached me hesitantly.

"I remembered it is your birthday soon.I think we should stay at the Imperial Villa to celebrate and to make amends.What do you think?"

"Make amends by staying at a villa?Did you really think the strain between us could be relieved so quickly?
Do you see me as an easy and simple woman?"I said to him offendedly

I looked at him skeptical with his offer but I just sighed

"Fine...But don't think Im okay about everything you did and said these past few days."

He's so used to feeling so smart because of how easy Rashta is to deal with.That woman is just rottening his brain.Can't he just keep his issues to himself?

Well I can't use him if I keep pushing him away.I'll just loosen things up a bit to see what he does.

"But I do look forward to what you have for me"

I gave him a mechanical smile to let his guard down

When he heard my answer, the asshole smiled and sighed

I'm only doing this to see where this is going.

"Oh,and just of interest,did you happen to speak with Grand Duke Kaufman?"

"The Grand Duke?Yes,but we only spoke very briefly..."

"He said Luipt wants to establish diplomatic relations with the continent of Wol.The officials are divided on this.The continent of Hwa has a fascinating culture and is appealing in many ways...but their climate and natural environment are completely different from ours.And they are quite far away from us"

I almost forgot I have to do actual diplomatic works but exports and imports are so complicated,maybe if we were just neighboring countries then it would be easy.But this is with a whole other continent.

Looks like I'll just have to see what I can do from here.

I have to still fulfill my Empress's duties while I'm still in her body

Even if it's a pain in the head,I have to do it.

But I'm honestly surprised Kaufman still went on with the diplomatic relations.He sure got his priorities straight

I'll just use my Empress's words about this matter

"So establishing trade between the two might actually be a waste of the Empire's money"

"Exactly.That's why there has been a lot of debate.What's your opinion on the matter?"

"The academy that the Grand Duke graduated from is based in Wilwol.And to be clear,Wilwol is part of the Eastern Empire's territory.If there are issues because of the differences in climate and environment,then these issues would apply equally to Luipt.If the Grand Duke,who spent several years in Wilwol, wants to establish diplomatic relations between the two continents...Then he must have already given the matter due consideration.I think we should proceed"

"If we decide to establish relations,the Grand Duke wants you to be involved directly "

I noticed something odd with the bastards tone as if he didn't like that idea.

Well with the rumors going around about Grand Duke Kaufman, it's probably fucking with his rotten brain.

I ignored it cause I couldn't care less if he's threatened.

He can keep all his insecurities and ego to himself

But I'm impressed Kaufman still chose me to do this job with him despite what happened between us.

Well he probably recognized that my Empress is really the one keeping the Empire running so it's understandable why he'd rather choose to work with me than this fuckstain

"He's a key player if we do decide to establish diplomatic relations,so there is no reason to deny his request "

I did my best to sound unaffected to let his guard down.He will think I don't care about Kaufman and let me proceed with this task with Kaufman with no precautions.

"Then I expect you to attend the next meeting.Im going back to the Eastern Palace. "

"Your majesty should go on ahead.I would like to stay longer"

I waited for the bastard to be out of sight before I started strolling towards the fountain

If my memory serves me right, Heinley should be waiting for me in the fountain

I hummed as I approached the fountain, when I spotted Prince Heinley. I halted in surprise.

He's actually here

"My Queen!"

He turned his head and smiled.

"You haven't gone back yet?"

I approached him where he was sitting by the fountain and splashing the water with one hand.

"I was waiting for you because I felt you would come back for me,your majesty.After all,the best thing to do when you're lost is to stay in the same spot."

"So you don't know how to get back?"

"Haha Well not exactly.I didn't mean it so literally "

I pulled out a handkerchief and offered it to him with a smile. He took it and dried his hand, then tucked the handkerchief away.

"My handkerchief..."

He gave a chuckle as I reached out my hand in embarrassment.

"I'll return it to you after it's been cleaned.That way, we'll have an excuse to meet again"

He gave an easy smile, and I nodded at his playful tone.

Well he's gonna wear it as Queen and treasure it till the end so I'll just let him be.Plus,he's so cute everytime he would fawn over that handkerchief

I then remembered what he said a few hours ago.

"Prince Heinley. About my birthday...We won't be able to dine together that day."

I frowned remembering the reason why I can't be with Heinley

"Why not?Won't there be a formal dinner where other guests are also invited?"

I furrowed my eyebrows to show my displeasure and sighed

"The Emperor wants me to go to the Imperial Villa with him"

"Oh,I see..."

I looked up at him with apologetic eyes

"I'm really sorry."

"No,please don't apologize.I wouldn't want you to feel pressured "

If only I could refuse...