CHAPTER 38

Ofcourse for someone as shameless as her,Rashta quickly erased the surprise on her face and spoke, her face red.

"I heard it's common for nobles to have lovers outside of their marriage.So it seems that's true"

Some jumped in to sympathize with her.

"Well it's true that there are more married couples who have other lovers than couples who don't"

"Unless they are a good match like Countess Eliza and her husband,that is"

"It's because it's conventional to marry for convenience "

"Oh my,I see,so it's very common. Actually,I was really shocked to hear that Duchess Tuania has five lovers but since that's nothing out of the ordinary.It's like I stepped into a whole new world"

This time, there was a wave of silence. Everyone’s mouth was open. Duchess Tuania’s fork clinked down on her plate.

"Did I say something inappropriate?I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry,Duchess.She's not yet familiar with the slightly forced manners that are required in polite society.She says things exactly as she hears them"

When Duke Ergi sided with Rashta again, Duchess Tuania finally stood up.

"Next time you bring someone who has no sense of decorum,you should teach them basic etiquette at the very least and not just let them spread groundless rumors"

"Oh no,are you upset?"

"I'm calling an end to the party.I apologize,your majesty,for inviting you to an event that turned out to end in a sour note"

Duchess Tuania curtsied to me and left the venue with the guests bustling with the commotion

While the stupid girl acted all guilty and naive on the side

It's so obvious she said those words on purpose and acted clueless to get away with it like some kind of child

She keeps acting like a child and these foolish nobles keep viewing her acts as endearing

It's not even supposed to be endearing when a child is just plain being rude

She would have been eaten alive by high society if it weren't for them being so prideful and afraid to damage their reputations

At this point,their probably gonna use Rashta's facade as a shield to say whatever they want

Whatever

Their the ones siding with the fool

They might as well enjoy the temporary bliss that woman can give them

*
*
*

I found out that about four to six times a year a massive public ball was held, an event where even commoners could attend.

I was really impressed with how active this Empire is with events and celebration's.It's very grand and eventful to live in such an Empire.

I stepped outside the office for a moment to relieve my fatigued eyes.It was really exhausting to host parties like this.And this is even additional work with the pile of paperwork I have in the office.

I stared down at the long corridor and began to walk slowly, hoping to relax. After only a few steps, however, I noticed Duke Ergi leaning on a pillar not far away.

I'm not even surprised

He's just here to coax up to me and talk shit about Heinley

To think he actually had intentions to seduce my Empress

Im really impressed with the nerve

He definitely deserve to be the morally gray character

When I stopped and looked at him, he smiled and straightened himself to bow to me.

"Your majesty! I've been waiting here for three hours.You must be very busy"

I looked at him with a straight face and asked "What's the matter?"

Duke Ergi smiled and murmured "Straight to the point. Well, I'm glad we can cut to the chase. Are you aware that I'm a friend of Heinley's?"

"I am"

"I see.So you're aware"

I really want to leave so some trash won't catch up to me. How I wish I could just plain out tell him his annoying but I have to entertain him for the sake of him helping my Empress and Heinley.

"I heard Heinley talk about your majesty a couple of times. Did he mention me as well?"

I'll just cut this short

"He doesn't talk about you actually"

Duke Ergi looked a bit stunned for a second but immediately fixed a smile

"Is that so? How odd of him. He always says bad things about me to people he's fond of. He says I'm cursed"

I took a glance behind me to see if some shit came around. I felt relieved there was no one behind yet.

I need to cut this short as soon as possible before he catches up.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I started this fanfiction to let out my frustrations and ideals about the main story but unfortunately my sanity could no longer handle the psychological harassment the story has done to me. It has given me too much than what I can handle(unnecessary stress,anger issues,trust issues,hateful internal debates). I currently dropped the webtoon for my sake which means I cannot continue this fanfiction anymore.

So the point is...

I'm dropping this fanfiction.

It's DISCONTINUED.

I won't finish this fanfiction and thats final.

So to make up for what I'm lacking, I will write another version of this fanfiction where I will actually finish the story until the end. The plot and ending has already been decided so it only has to be written in a form of story.

So yeah... It's done.

ENJOY.